Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Notes from high school

When I was home over X-mas, I was forced to go through some of my stuff at my parents house. In one of the boxes I found some old notes from high school. I remember going through all of my notes years ago and throwing some out because they were so cryptic that I had no idea who or what we were talking about in most of them. Most of those were from Deanna, I could tell by the handwriting. Some of them would have gotten us in big trouble. We were talking about what we did over the weekend and let's face it, you didn't want proof of misconduct floating around with your name on it.

I did save a few that Tami wrote. I didn't find the loooooong one about the schools fish sticks but its around somewhere. I remember it being so funny that I had tears in my eyes when I read it. Anyway, I discovered a couple that were folded up really neat. I never could fold notes like that. She wrote the Geometry note because she was bored and lets face it, learning about the altitude of a triangle and medians could put anyone to sleep, plus she said she really hated Ms. Sunderman. She asked me how "Mr. Asshole" was and said we both had terrible 4th period teachers. I guess that was my pet name for whoever was my teacher that period. I really don't remember. I would say it was between Weiss, Richards, or Shnacker...but who knows. In the other note, Tami was in English class "writing a story" or atleast she was supposed to be. She really didn't feel like it so she was writing me a note instead. It actually is kind of funny because she counts down the minutes left in class between comments, starting 20 minutes prior to the bell. The note wasn't dated but she wrote it before June 1988 because she said she wished it was Friday or June of 1988 and later she wishes it was May of 1989 because her Aunt was taking her to California after graduation. She said she's going to CA, and doesn't care what anyone said because she was going to marry a rich and famous rock star. Then she started complaining about it being impossible to expect her to come up with a different story every week for a year. It was unrealistic, she said. When she got down to the last 5 minutes of class she said she was just going to sit there and stare off into space so she had to say good-bye. Then she folded up that note but not before she stuffed it full of all those little pieces of paper that are on a piece of spiral notebook paper when you rip off a page. She wrote, "Sorry about this trash. I didn't have anywhere else to put it." That took a page and a half. LOL, I always liked finding notes in my locker from Tami. She always made me laugh.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Tami said...

It was Schnacker. This was the reason I tried (& succeeded) in never having a class with him.
So much for CA and the rich rock star...In retrospect, I think I would have hated that lifestyle anyway. I'm dying to get back to the country with my dirt poor soulmate.

Netter said...

I really hated that guy. When I had World History with him and he went on and oh about whether there was a real Robin Hood, after about 25 minutes, I about lost it. Man! When he asked me if I thought there was? I told him I really didn't care if there was or not, that its a nice story, so could we move on to something a little more important. He got sooooo pissed. He asked me why I was in his class and I said I wanted to learn about something relevant and also because it was required. He was steaming.