Sunday, November 06, 2005

Yummy, Oyster Crackers....











I know what you are thinking...Oyster Crackers, Oyster Crackers, how boring! Indeed, perhaps that is so, but they are darn good, even without the soup. I made homemade chili soup the other day, so I had to buy Oyster Crackers and mozzarella to put on top. Hey, I like it...don't knock it. Anyway, I froze the remainer of my soup and I was left with some of these little nuggets of the Gods. Yeah, you read that correctly! I just love them. I like them plain. You put one in your mouth and you use your teeth to split them in half like you would an Oreo cookie....without the twisting and the filling ofcourse. As a kid, I put peanut butter and jelly between two of the crackers to make little sandwiches. They were wonderful to feed to your stuffed animals and dollies during tea time. Whoa is me...I have eaten the last of the Oyster crackers while blogging and you didn't get to try one. You snooze, you lose, sucker! Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

cityman05 said...

That reminds me of a Three Stooges episode. Curly is putting the crackers in his clam chowder and the clam keeps popping up and eating the crackers.(heeheehee, Snort) Sorry, that episode cracks me up.

Oyster crackers are good, though. I steal them from resturants all the time. They're good at keeping the kids quiet in the car, too.

Chelie said...

I love oyster crackers plain too...and the crispy chow mein noodles...mmmmmm but not together

Anonymous said...

I remember those. Are we the only ones who actually ate them with oyster soup? Speaking of which - I need to run to the store - now I'm craving oyster soup.

Netter said...

We ate them with all kinds of soup, if it was hot...we ate it.

cityman05 said...

Yuck, chow mein noodles are the worst. They're like little fried, crispy worms. Heehee

Netter said...

Im not a big fan of chow mein noodles either.

Cindy said...

I like the good old crackers in my soup. Not the oyster ones.

Netter said...

Are crackers like wine? Better with age? Old crackers, huh?