Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

Image hosted by Photobucket.comHappy Thanksgiving to all my wonderful family, friends and you turkeys too!!

'Twas the night of Thanksgiving, but I couldn't sleep.

I tried counting backwards, I tried counting sheep.
The leftovers beckoned - the dark meat and white;
but I fought the temptation with all of my might.
Tossing and turning with anticipation
the thought of the snack became infatuation.
So, I raced to the kitchen, flung open the door
and I gazed at the fridge, full of goodies galore.
I gobbled up turkey and sweet potatoes,
pickles and carrots, beans and tomatoes.
I felt myself swelling so plump and so round,
'til all of a sudden, I rose off the ground.
I crashed through the ceiling, floating into the sky
with a mouthful of pudding and a handful of pie.
But, I managed to yell as I soared past the trees...
'Happy Eating To All, Pass The Cranberries Please'.

May your stuffing be tasty, may your turkey be plump.
May your potatoes 'n gravy have nary a lump.
May your yams be delicious, may your pies takes the prize,
May your Thanksgiving dinner stay off of your thighs!
~ May your Thanksgiving be Blessed ~


Oh and don't forget, holiday food has no calories...so for goodness sake have seconds and thirds., but save me a slice of pie.

Oh and a special thank you to those of you that mailed me cards, emailed me cards, and those of you that expressed their good wishes in other ways....thank you, having you in my life is one of the things I am most thankful of this year.

5 comments:

cityman05 said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too.
I hope you have a great time with everyone.

Kippy

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! :)
I hope you could enjoy really very very very much today.

Well, I've heard of your friend but I don't follow that sport too much. He is named often in the "lunch chat" in the place where I work. They love cyclism. Actually, they love Basket and Football too. They always talk about sport... :)
And I have to go to lunch in a few minutes... Bye!

Gloutch

Tami said...

Yes, thank you for friends. Without them you would have to spend all your holidays with family!

Anonymous said...

happy turkey day!!! love ya shannon

Olivia Twist said...

Hi netter..happy thanksgiving, or I should say, happy next day after thanksgiving. :-) Are you shopping?? I DIDN'T go...maybe I should have, to get it out of the way. But, after hearing that police had to be called in to a Walmart down in Florida due to happy shoppers, thought..hmm...doesn't sound appealing. Glad that was Florida and not up here.