Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Exciting day...


Wow, today was exciting. Totally and completely exciting. So exciting I can hardly hold in my enthusiasms. I had a so-so hair day. I had 23 telemarketing calls before noon...I kept track. I avoided an accident. The mail came on time and I actually got a package that I was waiting for from Cabela's. I put my black sweater in the dryer without thinking and it didn't shrink. I drove Sam to school for his birthday in a pair of flannel pj bottoms with Santa and the words "HO HO HO!" all over them. I topped it with a black t-shirt with Tom Osborne on it and my pink and silver cashmere/angora blend sweater. I was truly sporting a look...it was tre tacky. I bought another Christmas present and I accidentally found a pair of heels to match my light brown skirt and they were only $50.00 marked down from $95.00...that may have been my high point. I also picked up food for Sam's birthday at the Cheese Cake Factory....his favorite, the 4-cheese pasta and Tex Mex egg rolls. He also requested a slice of Adam's Fudge Ripple Cheese Cake so I bought two pieces...one for him and one for Nancy. There was an accident on the Southern State Parkway by exit 18 and another one near the Wantagh Parkway, which in return caused the traffic on the Meadowbrook to basically crawl. After 15 minutes of creeping I managed to get off and took back roads all the way home. It took me 45 minutes to reach my driveway....blah! I hurt my knee when I tripped and twisted it on the landing. I'm thinking the Olympic judges would have given me a 3 for the landing. I didn't hear from Katie once today on instant messenger and that is just a sad way to spend the day...no girls gone wild stories to shock me. I did some laundry and emptied the dishwasher like I do every day. I hid while the Jehovah's Witnesses rang the doorbell because I always end up with booklets and I really don't have the heart to tell the sweet, little polish lady that I have a religious faith that I try to stick to when I am not busy sinning my ass off. I spent an hour trying to figure out what book to read next. Ho-hum....and I never did decide. Any ideas for me? At least tomorrow the plumber is coming and I hope it is the cute little guy I always run into. He's a flirt...and everyone knows how I love a flirt. I'll probably get Mr Grouchy pants but I just talk to him until he starts joking around with me. I still have not convinced Cindys little sister to give me a prize for correctly answering her question on her blog. JEZ, even a postcard would be nice. I found out that one of my friends North of the border was very sick today and I am hoping he is feeling better before he travels next week. Oh, I found out that my flight back to NY for Christmas was changed so it is getting in an hour later. That really doesn't make me very happy but at least it wasn't cancelled completely. Other than that....I had a very exciting day. After all, how often do I have a so-so good hair day?!

6 comments:

Olivia Twist said...

hmmm....a book to read huh? Let me think..
Right now I'm reading "Diary of a married call girl". It's pretty good. And of course, she's a call girl, and her husband doesn't know it. And then she has friends who are also call girls, and their husbands don't know, and they juggle kids..go figure.
Lexie.

cityman05 said...

Sounds like one heck of a day.
I have a good hair day everyday, especially since I have a buzz cut. Heehee.
That food sounds great. I wish we had a cheesecake factory around here. We only have one franchise in our town. We are so small.

Netter said...

I was bored out of my mind. BLAH! Kip, only one...man. How many people in that town? I grew up in a town with a pop of way under 3,000. They have a Pizza Hut and a Subway.

Anonymous said...

Woohoo!! We're moving on up... we now have Vic's Steakhouse!! It is where the old VFW was at. She took out the false ceilings and has the old tin painted ones now. Food is good, has prices similar to Lincoln's but I guess it's worth it if you want something besides pizza or sandwiches. By the way, just so you know...Vic is Laura's ex foster parent...

Netter said...

Yeah, but that isn't a chain. I can't wait to try it out.

Anonymous said...

Why did that say tisha?? i used my own name...geesh!! technology ceases to amaze me!!!