Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Please don't make me...

..open a can of whoop ass on you! All right, here is the story. I was at Toys R (pretend the R is backwards) Us, I was picking out Hayden's birthday present. I already knew I wanted to get him a Magnetix building set. Honestly, I wanted one for myself too...but its not my birthday. Anyway, I was checking out my options. I knew a set of 39 was too little, a set of 150 was too expensive. That is when I noticed that the sets of 70 are 25% off. Bingo, I could get two kits, than would make it much cheaper than the 150 kit and only 10 pieces short. AS I was starting to walk away a lady said excuse me and took the sign off the shelf. I followed her to the check out isle and figured they were going to giving her a hard time about the discount or something. I ended up in the next isle but I noticed that they did give the lady the discount. When mine was rung up I asked if the 25% came off both of those boxes of Magnetix. The gal said no...and I said that it should have. I explained that there had been a sign on the shelf and that the sign was now at the registers behind us. So the gal took the sign from the other lady and went to the customer service desk to find out what the deal was. The main lady in charge was being nasty to my check out gal and I went over to see what the problem was. Ms head honcho didn't want to give me the sale price because the sale had expired and the sign wasn't on the shelf any longer. Now, if anyone knows me...they know I don't like to argue about stuff like this. I would usually let it go and just pay the normal price. Today however I was in a feisty mood and Ms Head Honcho was being nasty to my very nice check out gal, but what really pissed me off is when she got snotty with me. I only asked what the story was. I'm never nasty to people who work retail. Its not a fun job...and frankly they are not paid enough. You give me attitude when I'm being nice...look out, the can is opened. I then said, "EXCUSE ME! That sign was on the shelf when I picked out those boxes. I had the boxes in my hands and was walking away when the other gal grabbed the sign and brought it to the check out isle. She was in the isle next to me and I know she was given the discount. If I had not decided to made this purchase BECAUSE I had read that sign and did the math and realized that this was a better way to go...I would let this go. But I did see that sign and I think it is only fair that you honor that sale. Expired or not. ALSO, I really don't like the way you are talking to me or this young lady. You know, If you are in a bad mood perhaps you should take a few minutes to pull yourself together so you do not treat those around you in such an uncalled for and extremely nasty manner. What is your name Miss and may I also have the name of the Head Manager? Is he or she currently in the store?" Well, I got the most interesting look from Ms Head Honcho, who turned to my nice gal and said, "Fine, have Joe take care of it then." So, I glanced down at Barb's name tag ( aka Ms. Head Honcho) and said, "Thank you for your time, Barb, have a lovely day." She just turned away from me, I'm sure cursing me under her breath. I apologized to my check out gal and the people behind me for being such a problem and holding up the line Hey, I got my $10 off my total purchase and It felt great to stand up to that nasty Customer Service rep.

4 comments:

cityman05 said...

Alright, Netter! you kind of remind me of me. We must be related.
I'll have to tell you about why I am no longer allowed in the movie theater, sometime. I hate when managment gets nasty with the employees and sometimes I explode as well.
Great Job!

Anonymous said...

I can hardly believe it...but jolly good for you!

Netter said...

Kip, You are not allowed in the movie theatre? Oh no...this is going to be a good one, I can just tell. My sister was excourted our of Wal-Mart. In all honesty, they were really screwing with her...but that is a long story also.

Raine, I know...I usually don't even bother and just let it go...but not this time. It was great.

King OSirLucas said...

woohoo... customer is always right and in case the customer is not right refer to previous statement. :)