Tuesday, October 25, 2005

The latest Katie poetry..


"An Umbrella’s Dry Spell"
by Katie




I hang upside down
in hibernation.
A purple, metallic bat:
forever a slave to my mistress.
Sometimes I gaze out her window
wishing, hoping she would let me
feel the heat of the sun upon my back.

I am thirsty now
with only memories of the days
when I got to feel her
polished nails
press my button
making me robust
and stretch out to the crying gods.

I even miss her cold clutch
on my warm wooden handle,
and the times when she and I danced,
flinging water pellets into people’s eyes.
Underneath me, she sang so carefree,
while the rain pattered on my back.
I was her song, her loving metronome.

I would take a million iced bullets for her
and protect my mistress from her own tears.
But she no longer needs me in mid-July.
The clear skies have replaced me;
her warm hands clutch a Frisbee.
She seems happier bathing in the sun,
but when a rain cloud approaches

I know she’ll run back
as if she never left me in the first place.
Until then
I will hang upside down
in hibernation.
A purple, metallic bat:
forever a slave to my mistress.

3 comments:

Netter said...

Uh, there is almost something dirty about that poem....but I've said it before....Katie could make a marshmallow into something nasty and perverted.

King OSirLucas said...

okay... this poem is better than her last one. It makes me think therefore it is better. Good going Kate

Netter said...

Lucas, you are back. Where have you been hiding? Oh and yeah...it is good but so was her other one.