Monday, October 24, 2005

Annoying, to say the least...

I think I should start a list of annoying things that people do that makes me want to beat them with a sock full of rubber duckies. WHAT! Well, its not like I really want to hurt them but for crying out loud, enough is enough. Plus, with a family like mine....you don't really want to broadcast the things that drive you nuts. What the hell, I'll live on the wild side.

1) Its annoying when people turn the dryer setting to fluff/no heat and don't turn it back. I'm use to having it on a medium heat setting and when I turn the dryer on before I go to bed....then turn it on again when I jump in the shower in the morning...I expect to find the clothes in a low wrinkle...and DRY state when I get out of the shower. Nope, not when you leave the dryer on fluff/No heat.

2) The TV cranked up, first thing in the morning....to a network news channel or morning show. I just can't stand loud noise first thing in the morning. I don't drink coffee so you just have to give me a little while to warm up to the idea.

3) People who leave their shopping carts scattered throughout the parking lot instead of the shopping cart return sections. How hard is it to walk 15 feet? I would really love to send a cart rolling out of control into their cars/SUVs as they pull out of their space. Well, that is what their abandoned cart does...it rolls into our cars. Its like littering...on a slightly larger scale.

4) Littering. Is it really so hard to find a trash can? Really! There is usually a trash can in front of most stores. Hell, just wait until you get home to trash it...or better yet, if you have a fenced in yard, toss it over your own fence and let it blow around in your yard. You'll just love it!

5) PEOPLE, for goodness sake...park between the lines. How hard is it to do. When you straddle the line you throw off the parking flow. Some where along the way a spot is lost. I especially love the person with a new car that just doesn't want anyone parking too close to them. Your asking for a good keying....lucky for you I wouldn't do that. Where are the teenagers when you need them.

6) People that honk at you because you didn't start inching forward just before the light turned green. This isn't such an issue in the midwest...but the NY tri-state area is pathetic. OK, fine if the light changed and I didn't see it...FINE...but when I am sitting looking at the light and it is still red...even if I can see by looking at the side that the cross street light has turned orange...don't friggin' honk at me.Do it and I'll purposefully sit there and count to 10 before pulling out. You wouldn't be late for your botox appointment if you gave yourself ample time for travel.

7)If you empty the kitchen garbage...don't sit the trash bag on the carpet steps by the garage door. It's going to end up leaking on the carpet...take it in to the garage and put it in the garbage can. It's not that far and its not that difficult. We have thumbs so we can turn door knobs with ease.

OK, that is all for now. I feel better. Check back later in the week...I may need to add to this list. I do feel better getting that out.

5 comments:

cityman05 said...

I'll tell you what really tics me off, when someone blows their nose in a resturant... Or in public for that matter. It grosses me out.

My dad is really bad about doing that at the dinner table. He'll get done eating, scoot his chair back, break out the old hanky, flick it about so particles are flying around in the sunbeams and blow like there is no tomorrow.

I'm like, "Where in the heck were you raised? Sick!"

Sorry, Just had to vent for a minute.

Cool post. I like the part about litter and the shopping carts. So true.

Netter said...

Ewwww...yeah that is kinda gross. I don't like that sound but I would rather have them blowing their nose then making that sound when they just suck the snot back up into their head. Either way it is gross. Doesn't venting make you feel better? It does me.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, I am glad someone else feels those things too. Are you sure we are not related by blood?

Cindy said...

I am truly sorry, but I am guilty for the shopping cart thing once in a while when I am in a hurry.

Netter said...

Carole, I think insanity runs in the family and quite frankly you'd have to be insane to marry into this family...so it must equal out somehow. LOL.