Thursday, September 29, 2005

Ode to Popcorn...

Oh, I do love popcorn. I love it so. It is the breakfast of champions, the lunch of the influential, the dinner of the devilish, snack to the world. Ok, maybe not the world. I do know that there are people that don't like popcorn very much. I prefer to refer to those individuals as freaks.....like my Sister, who I love very much but I can not fathom how anyone could not adore the crunchy little piece of heaven that we call popped corn. I used to refer to myself as an Ice Cream whore....(because I love that frozen treat so much and would joke that I would do almost anything for ice cream, especially Vanilla or Butter Brickle, basically any I.C. without big chunks or nuts).....but I love Popcorn a heck of a lot more. What does that make me then? What is worse than a I.C. whore? I really don't know. All I do know, is that I love popcorn. It is almost impossible for me to smell the lovely scent of freshly popped popcorn and resist the urge to eat some of it. Movie theatres are the worst, seriously, they are. If I happen to resist the urge to get a huge bag of the yummy stuff, I find myself sitting with in a few seats of someone that has a huge tub of joy on their lap. I spend half of the movie thinking about why I was an idiot for not getting myself some popcorn. Don't get me wrong, I don't need all of that salt and butter on my popcorn to make it taste. I love it plain too. I like air popped corn too. I know, I know, its just not normal, but who ever said I was normal. NOBODY! LOL, beat you to that, didn't I?! Anyway, I'm going to go nuke myself a bag of popcorn right now. I've given myself a craving for it. Dang it.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I love the stuff also.

Netter said...

Its like a drug made entirely of corn fluff.....yummy.