Monday, May 30, 2005

Allergies and movies

I slept most of the morning thanks to some wonderful allergy medicine. It really packed a punch. After a day of leisure and almost finishing a book...but not the book clubs selection...I decided it was time to hit the movies. I needed to see the newest installment to the Star Wars series. It was OK. I guess I wanted more from old George. I must say I did enjoy it more than the last two movies. The most exciting thing that happened was when the two guys across the isle from me got in to a little fight. Something about leaning back in the seat. The guy behind pushed the seat forward and so they had words. After that the guy in front moved over.....then he there were more words. Then the guy in front got up, walked up two rows, went over the seats so that he was behind the guy that pushed him forward. I guess he pushed the guy back and then there were more words past. I was so annoyed. Some lady told them to stop acting like assholes and to take it outside if they couldn't keep it down. I swear!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really liked the latest Star Wars movie, I thought Mr. Lucas delivered adventure and humor and some truly cheesy "love" dialogue! I liked R2D2 and 3CPO but I especially loved Yoda, he kicked arse and was so magical like a green little wise Toochies! I got teary eyed when Yoda said goodbye to Chewy and when he hung his little head and said he had failed...but I won't give too much away...except I wondered if the Jedi masters know so much and feel the Force so intently how did they not know so many important things about Anakin????

Netter said...

Anakin...yeah....I hear yah but was it just me or was his acting as terrible as the last time. Yoda was very cute and charming, as always,I did enjoy him. It was wonderful seeing Chewy again. It just bothered me that there were so many useless scenes where they looked out at the city....OK, we get the point you can make those spaceships look real as they zip around. I think the movie was slow and there wasn't that much humor. Let's face it I love the original Star Wars movie, the following two were pretty good...but these last few have really tanked. I'm glad they could bring the story back around. I was very emotional during the last scene when Obe took the baby Luck to his new home. Remember the setting of the two suns? you know what...the first Star Wars was very funny...I didn't see that much humor in this movie. It was just lacking. I would never give it 4 stars....probably not 3 either, a solid 2 though.