Monday, April 25, 2005

What a waste of paper

I have started and abandoned more journals and diaries than I care admitting to. I buy them (or get them as gifts)with the intention of writing in them at least once a week. I usually last a month, sometimes just a few weeks. I know it doesn't have anything to do with me having a boring life. I have my slow times, but on the whole I'm always up to something. I've been trying to figure out what it is about writing down my thoughts and daily activities that seems to leave me in the dust. I know it's not because I don't have things to write. My mind is always going. I've actually been told I think to much. I guess that could be true.

I have very clear memories and remember things most people would simply forget. Sure, I forget all the things I should remember, but I don't have any control over that. So, why is it so difficult for me to keep a journal. Perhaps the reason is simple. I remember what I need to. Who says I have to remember what I was thinking on August 25th. Who cares if I started to gag at the dentists office when they were taking full x-rays. The molars always get me. My mouth may run all the time, but it sure isn't big enough for that x-ray card. Perhaps it is more important that when I least expect it, something will trigger my memory and I get a little surprise. You know, something that wasn't forgotten but filed away in my brain. Isn't that better than flipping through a book? Plus, if its not written down, it can't be used against me in a court of law. Ah ha! That is right, you will have to prove it.

OK, seriously, I don't have a problem typing my crazy thoughts online. Maybe I just need the world to see all of my pathetic grammar and spelling issues. Everyone knows I don't edit my sites. I type it, I post it, and I ignore what normal people do between those two steps. I just "getter done." (Don't ask) Anywhozits....its time for bed. Stay tuned for more of my dyslexic blabbing. I live to make English teachers cringe.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yepper, I understand your journal thing. I am incapable of continueing one, too. I started one on Jan 1, 2005 and it fizzled out about the 3rd week of February. Guess you know where you get that, now, don't you? I always had to keep one for Eatherly, so I guess, I just got tired of doing it, only difference is he wanted it all recorded, so it could be used in a court of law if necessary. I finally distroyed all of them. He never had a copy, I always just had to keep them. At least this way there is no more record of anything.

Netter said...

law breakers!

Anonymous said...

You better remember what you were thinking on August 25th, thats a very vary important date in your life you were blessed with an angel of a sister

Netter said...

Tisha, I remember, OH BELIEVE ME, I remember. When they lifted me up to look through that window to see you, I thought to my self," That funny looking pink thing is my baby Sister?" You didn't look like a single baby doll I owned.