Saturday, July 16, 2011

Pickled Sun Tea...yum, my favorite!


Anyone who really knows me, knows that I like ice tea, UNSWEETENED! I really can't understand why people put sugar or any kind of artificial sweetener in the a perfect creation like Ice Tea. It doesn't need it. Honestly, gags me, just thinking about it. Ewwww! Anyway, I've been drinking a lot of sun tea lately. We finally ate the last pickle out of a HUGE industrial size jar of dill pickles. I washed that jar really well, filled it up with water, stuck a couple of tea bags in it, screwed the lid back on and stuck that sucker in a nice sunny spot in the back yard. Well, as soon as that tea was brewed, I stuck it in the fridge to cool and waited. Later,I took out one of "my" big glasses (I don't share my big glasses) and filled it up with ice, poured it full of tea, and grabbed a book. Well, from the very first gulp, it tasted strange, yet familiar. I sat there for a while and tried to figure out what that taste was and whether I liked it or not. I finally decided I did, but still wasn't sure what it was. I figured it was the type of tea I used. I hadn't really paid much attention to the brand. When I checked, I ruled that out because it was one I'd used before. It was a run of the mill tea, nothing special. Hmmm....then it came to me. I tasted dill pickles. I had washed the jar super well with hot water and soap but it still had a dill pickle taste. The crazy thing is that I decided I really like it. No, REALLY, I did, I liked it! I'm sure sooner or later, the taste will leave my little jar behind...but for now, I'm going to enjoy every sip of my Pickled Sun Tea-Unsweetened of course.

7 comments:

silentrunner92947@gmail.com said...

Can't say that I would like that taste. Dill pickle potato chips are not my style either, so if you don't mind, I'll stick to regular sun tea. I do have a gallon of dill pickles that if you eat them all you can have some dill sun tea when you are home..lol

Netter said...

Yummy! Get to eating Mom...I'll be expecting a nice little treat when I get home.

Lucy said...

OMG...that reminds me of the time my hubby used a blender thingy to make a habinero paste for guacamole or something....washed it really well then a few days later made margaritas out of it.....those were some HOT and SPICY margaritas, let me tell you!

Yarn Tails said...

LMAO I will have to tell hubby about pickled sun tea and maybe try it.

Wolfgang (pronounced Voolf-gong) said...

You should sell that shit in Brooklyn. The hipsters would just LOVE it. :)

Anonymous said...

That sounds like something Danielle would like. She drinks my pickle juice all of the time.

wedding photography Melbourne said...

Nice article as well as whole site.Thanks for sharing.