Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Well, crapola!


I can't get my Sister to let me name her new baby. You'd think she'd do me a huge favor by letting me pick the name. I mean, seriously, she already named Rue. It's not like I'm going to have a kid of my own...so wouldn't it be nice if she just gave up and let me do it for her! I'd even let her have veto power to an extent. I mean its not like I'm going to pick a nerdy name...well, I do like the boys name Fletcher, so maybe I would. I won't pick one of the names in the top 20 for 30 years or so. I'm a little more creative than that.
Honestly this is a great deal that I'm offering her. When the baby grows up and complains about its name, which I'm sure it will...most kids hate their name, she can pass the buck to me. She can say, "Well, don't complain to me about it, I didn't name you. You need to take it up with your Crazy Aunt Nett, because she named you." Oh who am I kidding, she'll probably do that even if I didn't name the kid. Sigh....how depressing. Maybe I can sucker a friend into giving me naming rights. I could spread the idea around... Auntie Nett will promise to spoil your child rotten if you allow her to name it. Most of my friends have had their kids already and don't want anymore...but there is always Raine. Oh Raine....a hem....think it over. You know how I spoil my Rue! Don't even suggest I get a pet and name it! It's not the same and you know it!

Well, I better go work on my list of suggestions for my Sister. She'll turn them all down, but that's OK...its just fun getting her all worked up about it.

9 comments:

~Michelle~ said...

Ooh, let me help! Then your sis can be like "Blame crazy Aunt Nett and her weird blog friends for your name."

Seriously though, this is one of my most favorite websites: http://www.babynamewizard.com/
Baby naming is totally one of those weird things I've been obsessed with for years and years now...maybe one day I'll get my own!

My computer @ work sucks, so I can't quite tell - but I think the Name Voyager maybe gives you complimentary names - so it can validate your choice for sibling of Rue.

PS - I don't think getting a pet would solve your problem - I have issues naming animals people names, so a baby name probably shouldn't translate into a pet name.

Netter said...

Hey Michelle,

Yeah, basically I want to drive my Sister nuts with this. I know what she has picked out for names and I could live with half the boys name...but the girls name has to go. I know that just saying that will make her want it even more but its an old lady name...a disney character name and quite frankly, the nickname options are pathetic. I'm just going to have to go wacko and pick a random nickname that has nothing to do with the name. It will be a interesting. I'll check out those sites.

You know, I have issues with names really being pet names...like the name Roger. Roger is a dogs name, not a humans. The same goes for Tobey. I actually wrote a childrens book for my Childrens Lit class called Roger and Tobey....I got a A. I totally believe its because those names fit.

Tami said...

Disney names? Like Ursula or Maleficent? Or Belle. Don't do Belle - some form of it is in the Top 10 for years now. Or Aurora? I don't know any Cinderellas. Or Flora and Fauna? Tell me, dangit!

She should name the baby Ruby. Then you can get them both Scooby Doo outfits and call them "Ruby Rue!" I have no idea where that came from. I think I'll stop now.

Netter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
vic said...

Isn't it funny how what ever name you use after a while that is the only name that fits. I agree with your mother. What they pick is what the name is suppose to be. So they aren't finding out if its a girl or boy. It's getting close to the time.

Vic said...

Oh yea Netter I need to wish you a Happy Belated Belated Belated Belated Belated Belated Belated Belated Belated Belated Birthday. Sorry. Did you do anything special. So Jeremy also turned 25 this year. Can't wait I have 9 more days of work left. We have to pack everthing because we are moving to a different school. What a mess. Are you comeing back for the summer . YOu have to come back and spoil the little one.

Netter said...

My Goodness, that's all I have to say about that. My Friggin' Goodness. Can't a gal have a little fun and joke around? FYI...regardless of what my Sister names her baby, I'm sure it will be fine. Someone needs to stop putting startch in thier stockings, for crying out loud.

Netter said...

LOL...Tami, I totally love the Ruby Rue idea....OMG! Yep, no matter what she names the baby, if its a girl, I'm calling her Ruby. Tisha may never forgive you for this.

You know if its a boy, I could call him Rub...Short for Ruben, which was our Grandfather's middle name. Then I could run around saying Rub y Rue in mock Spanglish.