Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Look what I bought for The Rue Rue

Yep, its time to spoil the niece a little. This is what I decided to get her for Christmas. She's going to love it. She already plays with the kitchen set at daycare and loves washing the dishes. Kids always love washing pretend dishes, just wait until she's older...oh, the fun my Sister has in store for her. Anyway, I looked around quite a bit. I don't really like all the modern plastic kitchen sets they have out there. Plus, this one reminds me of the kitchen set that I never got as a child. Don't get me wrong, I had plenty of toys, just not a kitchen set, or the Crayola art set that we always seemed to give as birthday presents, but I never got myself. Oh well. For her birthday The Rue is getting a white wooden table and chairs to go with her kitchen. Oh, I have a few other things as well. Hey, she's my only niece...and since the odds are against me for having any more little nieces or nephews to spoil, I have to make this one count. If they make washers and dryers that are in this style, that's what she's getting for her half birthday. I'll have to check into that. I have to get busy on those quilts for her new dolly bed as well. How many days until Christmas?! Eek!

14 comments:

Darlene said...

Amy had one similar to this when she was a little girl. She also had the Beauty Salon.

Tami said...

That is gorgeous! We lucked out last year and got a kitchen set at Sam's for half price since it was the last one and it was missing the phone. My kids LOVE it! And this one you found is beautiful! What a perfect present.

Anonymous said...

That is bigger than my kitchen! Cute though. Can T & D adopt me? I want to be your niece too!!

Netter said...

Darlene, a beauty salon...how cool is that!

Tami~ Every little kid should have a kitchen to make stuff in. Luckily, you have lots of room to put a play kitchen in your house.

Rain~ lol, it probably is bigger than your kitchen. Scary, huh. T & D have their hands full with The Rue...but, you got your Christmas ornaments before anyone else did...so you were spoiled a little bit. Does that count?

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is so cool. Does the frig open and everything?

Desperate Housewife said...

Oh my God. I want one!

Netter said...

Andi~ Yeppers, everything opens up and can be used as storage. Cool, huh.

DH~ I know, right! It's so cool. I had to get her a kitchen set...since I still recall with envy the one my Grandparents little neighbor girl had. I used to play at Kelly's house every Sunday.

Anonymous said...

Thats funny because thats what Santa Is bringing Arianna. They seen some that are so cheap and they don't care for the plastic ones either. They found one on the internet I wonder if this the same one. Tish and Dewey going have to Add on a room just for things from Aunt Netter. I babysat last nite and Arianna had her baby in her high chair and she was buckling her in and feeding her spilled her milk on doll and got the towel and cleaned her all up . It was so cute she did all this while daddy was cooking her supper. They are so much fun.

Blue Sky said...

Hey netter Im back again. nice to read your blog again. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. looking forward to hearing from you.
Richard

Sam!! said...

Beautiful Kitchen.. lucky girl to have it :))

Nice blog!

Take care

Kimmie said...

Hi Netter;
What a sweet auntie you are...how could she not love that kitchen set. I love that it is not plastic!!


Thank for your prayers...we covet them!
Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted and one on the way from Ethiopia!

Rockstar Mom said...

You are a way cool Aunt. Just when I think Rue Rue can't get any luckier, she gets a set up like that.

Nice.

Kelly M said...

My kids have this same kitchen and love it! I agree- it's better than the cheapy plastic ones you find all over these days. I love your felt food. . . you've got me thinking now. . .

Netter said...

Oh cool! Kelly do you like this kitchen? I read good things about it before purchasing it, but you never know.

You should make some felt food...its easy and the kids will love it!