Monday, September 15, 2008

What a day!

I should have stayed in bed today.

I'm not even joking.

I should have known it was going to be this way from the moment I stepped out of bed and knocked my glass of water off my nightstand.

Then I went to the bathroom only to discover a little late that there was no toilet paper. Someone had used the last roll and not replaced it...and low and behold there was no paper in the cupboard either. Let me put it this way...its not like a little shake was going to get the job done..if you know what I mean.

When I took the garbage out, I snagged the bag on something in the garage and stuff fell out onto the floor and I had to pick it up. Of course it couldn't be something simple like paper, nah, it was juicy stuff.

Then when I was wheeling the garbage cans out to the street, the wind caught the gate on the fence and blew it into my ankle. It hurt like hell.

Over the weekend someone broke a snapple bottle on the carpet at the bottom of the stairs, right in front of my bathroom. I noticed the wet/sticky spot and the million wet towels piled in the washer, that nobody started. So I rand the cycle this morning, but not before I found a piece of glass that they missed. By "found it", I mean, I stepped on it while I was barefooted. Oh and since it was colored tea that they spilt, I had to take the carpet cleaner to it because it left a stain. Mind you, it would have come right out if they would have used it right away instead of leaving it for 24 hours for me to clean up. I spent several hours getting that stain out.

Then I about tipped over the canoe at lowtide because I was trying to get the counter balance off the bottom of the bay so we could replace the broken rope and hook the boat back up to it so it wouldn't smack the dock in bad weather or when boats went by fast. Plus two crabs popped out of the counter balance weight and scared the holy living crap out of me. Mind you, its not my boat, but would anyone else go out there at low tide and dig around for that weight?!

Annoyed by all of this, I decided to go to the library and return my books. While I was there, I picked a couple others up. When I was checking out, I found out that one of the books was supposed to be in the sale pile...so I paid 75 cents for it and it was mine for keeps. I left there, stopped to get gas because they left the van on empty for me...and picked up groceries for supper before heading home. When I unloaded the van, the book I bought was missing. I had the books I checked out, but not the one I bought. I called the library, I didn't leave it on the counter....soooo, someone got lucky and has a freebie on their shelf.

Sam wasn't supposed to be home until 6PM but he came home early. He was starved so I started supper and for some crazy reason, I couldn't get the grill to stop flaring up. I had several small fires burning out of control. Luckily, I was able to save the steak and it was very good, but that meant that I had to stay in front of the grill or risk serving hockey pucks to Sam.

Oh and I called my Mom and found out that the package I sent her that contains her birthday present may have broken is shipping. It rattles. Grrrr. Luckily I insured it. Now I just have to find the slip of paper.

I think I'm going to bed early tonight.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

12 comments:

Peg said...

Oh Netter! I hope tomorrow is MUCH better. That was a whole month's worth of bad days rolled into one.

Darlene said...

Yikes! This sounds like definitely a 'I should have stayed in bed' day.
Hope tomorrow is wonderful - It should be...you got a whole lifetime of crappy today.

.:Cris:. said...

tomorrow will be better :)

I just know it!

Netter said...

I know, right....it was a whopper of a day.

I'm hoping you are right, that tomorrow will be better.

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel.. We're flying out to PA this weekend for a wedding (right before harvest), Becca gets the stomach flu, and I have a headache that won't go away..

MAYBE.............

If you have a better day tomorrow, I will to???

Its worth a shot..

Have a better day tomorrow NETTER!

Anonymous said...

Oh bummer! What a rotten day. Sorry, Nett. :( Here's to a much better day tomorrow. Maybe you'll win the lottery and become a millionaire. :D

Kare said...

That's a bad day. It's got to be better today. aww

Tami said...

You poor baby! If you were here, I'd feed you some fresh peach crisp and make you watch movies with me. Then we would plot revenge on the toilet-paper using, bottle-breaking, no-weight-looking-for...ah, forget it. We'll just whip up some ECW instead. PS - that's why I have the extra tp stacked on top of the toilet - I always make sure there's some there!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, that' bites! Hope you have a better day today! hugs!

denise said...

oh u poor thing well i will use my powers to make today better lol

Desperate Housewife said...

That's not just a bad day ... that's a total SHIT day!

Netter said...

Tami! EC Water....ah, something from my youth...yummy.

I know ladies, my day sucked big time. Thank goodness its over. Hopefully its not a trend.