Wednesday, March 26, 2008

It's a Meme...from Marianne

So here are the rules:

Pick up the nearest book of at least 123 pages. (list the title and author)
Open the book to page 123.
Find the 5th sentence.
Post the next 3 sentences.
Tag 5 people.

The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett

"Brother Cuthburt was usually to be found here, for his job did not leave him much time for services, which suited his inclination: he was a clever down-to-earth fellow with little interest in the spiritual life. The cellarer was the material counterpart of the sacrist: Cuthburt had to provide for all the monks' practical needs, gathering in the produce of the monastery's farms and granges and going to market to buy what the monks and their employees could not provide themselves. The job required careful forethought and calculation."

Tagging Five:
Mandy
Cindy
Kare
Andi
D.H.


Oh and by the way, this is probably the best book I have read in years. I love it. Warning: It's a long book. We are talking 973 pages in total. I'm half way through it.

6 comments:

Rockstar Mom said...

You did it! I am so honored. And proud.

You are my favorite friend from New York.

xxxKISSESxxx and oooHUGSooo

My password was "roetghwe", which of course translates to "Netters is the best!"

Anonymous said...

It was a good book, wasn't it? The last 400 pages were a bit long though...

Desperate Housewife said...

Hi Netter! I keep hearing how great that book is. I'm going to have to add it to my pile of to-be-read books.

sara said...

OMG!!!!!Love that book. The only book I ever called in sick to work for (I couldn't put it down!) I really need to get the new one by him. I'm just so afraid it won't be as good as POTE

Tami said...

John says this is the best book he has ever read. It's been his #1 book for years. I think he just read the new one and it's good too but not quite as good as "Pillars of the Earth." I haven't read either of them. Maybe I'll have a chance to read them in, oh, about 5 years.

Netter said...

I'm torn between reading my book or quilting. Atleast I know how I am going to spend my weekend though.