Monday, March 10, 2008

Guess Who's 50 today...followed by sad news...

 Uncle Lonnie, that's who...and he still looks the same. Giggle, snort, lol. Aunt Vickie and I put an ad in the paper for his birthday. It contained this picture. Oh, Dear Lord, he looked like a dork...kind of still does. I say that with nothing but love. His wife, otherwise known as my Aunt Deanna....well she wasn't a happy camper when I spoke to her last night. Nope. She has caught a lot of hell over that picture in the paper...even though the ad said that it was placed by Lonnies "younger sister", cough, cough....RRRRRighttt, whatever..."and her partner in crime...Don't know? Just A.S.K." So basically, that tells you it was Vickie and his little ole niece. My initials spell ASK. Anyway, he thinks she gave us that picture. I told her that for the right amount of money we might actually tell him that she had nothing to do with it. I won't do it for free...hell, it cost us to put the ad in the paper. I'll tell the truth if it means I will get my investment back. Yes, I am evil that way. I've already been told that I better watch my back. I'm not to worried. I have 26 months before I turn 40 and I told her I was leaving the country for that birthday. I don't think she believed me. It's so true....I want to take a trip. I'm thinking France in the spring would be nice...or maybe I will go tropical. Anyone that wants to help me celebrate my big 40th can. Start saving money now. I'll let you know where we can meet up. Hmmm...maybe Egypt. I could blow out a candle on a cupcake from the base of a pyramid. That could be cool, unless its windy. I don't want to eat a cupcake that has sand on it.
Posted by Picasa
  On a sadder note, Grandma Martha passed away yesterday morning. I fly home on Wensday for the funeral on Friday. It was time for her to pass. She was fighting it but her condition was pretty bad. She couldn't really communicate anymore, she had trouble eating and drinking. Her quality of life was a big fat zero, she was all skin and bones...her skin was so thin. Yep, she was 92 and would have been 93 in April. That's a nice long life. I have some fun stories to share about her...but I can't now. I have to much to do to get ready for my flight home.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your Grandma. Deanna told me last night when she called and I denied everything. Your grandma was a nice lady back in the days when she was healthy. If you need any help making connections or anything give me a call. Oh deanna wouldn't say to me what I was supposed to have done. She said she got blamed and payback are hell. Oh yea I go with you on your 40th. It sounds like fun to me. Thats the way to spend it. but if I went you would have to worry about me doing things. but I am the inocent one. I'll see you Friday even thought that not the way that I choose to see you. We'll take what we get. Take care.

Millie said...

Annette, we need to do our math over.. She would have been 92 on April 8. born in 1916, hm lest see..2008 minus 1916 leaves 92, so it would have been if she had lived 1 more month.. but by then there would have been nothing left of her.. It is bad enough the way it is..for someone who weighed 160-170 most of their life.. 106 is mighty thin..Does this sound just evil, but I'm sort of hoping the embalming pumps her up a little.. You just have no idea of how she looked.. Sorry mom, but that is the way you appeared...

Idaho Gal said...

I'm sorry about your Grandma.

.:Cris:. said...

(((hugs))) Sorry to hear of your grandma's passing Netter. Have a safe trip home and hurry back to us!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear the sad news.. If you need anything while your here please let me know!! I'll even come and get you in Lincoln if you need me too!!

Netter said...

Mother~ I asked you how old she was several weeks ago and you said 92. So, you were passing out bad info.

Idaho Gal and Cris~ Thanks ladies...I'll be back soon.

Mandy~ That's so kind of you but I am meeting my Uncle at the Omaha airport and he's renting the car so we can come home together. I've got that covered.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about Grandma. Your pictures of her are really sweet. Happy Nifty Fifty to Lonnie. Can't wait for your induction to the 40s club.

Desperate Housewife said...

Oh, sorry about your Grandma, Netter.

Rockstar Mom said...

Happy Birthday to Uncle Lonnie. Could we morph his head onto Aunt Vickie's? I'd like to see his face on top of that stunning lederhosen.

I truly am sorry about your grandmother's passing. But you are correct in that she lived a nice long life. And those pictures of her and Rue Rue are priceless.

Have a safe trip home Netter.

Darlene said...

Sorry about your Grandma, nett. :o(

Anonymous said...

Aw, sorry to hear about your grandma. She certainly lived a good long time. I'm sure she'll be missed.