Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Iron Fairies

"Deep beneath the garden's ground, lay a labyrinth of tunnels where people abound..."
I have meant to post about one of my Christmas gifts...my favorite actually. Raine gave her to me. Once again, she ignored Chris and went into a store, finding something I would love. Her name is Amy and she now sits on my bedroom window. She comes wrapped up in cloth with instructions that are very specific about her care. When you take your fairy home for the first night, you must be sure to place her in a position where she will receive the next morning's sunlight. Each Fairy has been locked away since she left the finishing room, deep beneath the garden's ground, so she has never seen sunlight. It comes with a small packet of rust colored glitter "Iron Fairy Glitter." It is imperative that you sprinkle the dust on your fairy that same night as well, Oh! And you must make a wish. So I did. I want to visit the NYC store but Raine has forbidden it. Hmmmm. To obey or to disobey...what to do, what to do?!
I really need to go there and get the book they publish so I can get into the mines on the website. You can't do it unless you can answer certain questions. Dang it. I'll wait until after my birthday. Anyway, I just love her...hopefully she won't rust this summer. I live on the bay, its humid, you know. Cross your fingers for me.

12 comments:

Tami said...

That is SO COOL! I love it. Do they sell them anywhere else - like Nebraska? I think the girls may need one of those. (And their mother, too.) I'd write more but the 2-year-olds are getting on my nerves. Talk to you later.

denise said...

god that is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Well, actually what I think I said was, "You better not go there and by anything." And You weren't sure if you could do that so I said, "Then you just better not go at all!" :)

Desperate Housewife said...

That's really cool. I just love the idea of fairies and elves and mermaids and all that kind of thing. I want to believe!

Anonymous said...

Cool! I have never heard of those. I would love to get one for my sister.

Idaho Gal said...

That store looks so cool! I bet I could spend hours in there just looking at everything.

Kare said...

What a beautiful present! Everyone should own one of those. wow. Raine, you're good!

Anonymous said...

Ive been into the store - its so amazing! I walk past on my way to work and can't get enough of it!! :o) I dont think they sell online yet but a friend of mine called and they were happy to post it out if you wanted. I also signed up for their newsletter which tells you whenever they get a new fairy in and what her name is and what events and sales they have going on and stuff. You should do that... try contact them through their website www.theironfairies.com. Oh and you have to try the soap! I have the Emma fairy she's so cute...

Jeanne said...

Good morning!

I was reading your posts about the Iron Fairies. We have a shop in Fishkill, NY that has a webstore and we sell the IRON FAIRIES! I haven't put them on the site YET but am taking pictures of them as we speak! We do mail order as well. If there is one in particular that you need right now, give us a call!

Bright blessings,
Jeanne
Hands of Serenity Healing
www.handsofserenityhealing.com
845-896-1915

Charlotte Lethe Elizabeth Iverson said...

I was just googling iron fairies--and got this blog! Don't worry i only read about the iron fairies. Yes, they're awesome. Yes, they're adorable. Yes, I have three and the book!! It's ultimately fun, reading it over with my bff, and then going on our computers and seeing who can get deepest into the mine. Yay!

Anonymous said...

Yes you can order The Iron Fairies in the USA at www.theironfairies.com.

I'm based right outside of Chicago and do all of the US wholesale and retail orders. Just log on and process...you'll get your fairy asap!!

jkb~

Anonymous said...

The full range of The Iron Fairies are available from hortitowers@westnet.com.au or from E-bay store hortitowers1 at blisteringly low prices!
Like AUS $20.95 including a bottle of Magic Fairy Dust and a FREE Finger Puppet to keep your fairy company in the post...and your 2nd fairt travels post-free!!