Wednesday, December 05, 2007

I've been busy..

...Making a huge mess. It's Christmas Ornament time again. Normally I'm under no pressure because I have my ornaments done years in advance. This year I am behind. I now know what if feels like to be my friends in the annual Ornie Exchange. Every year, at least one of them is putting the finishing touches on their orines the night before our get together. Once in a while, we get a cheater who tries to pass off an ornie they purchased as their creation. They usually fess up right away. We did make the rule that you get a one year pass on a purchased ornament. I have yet to use my "get out of jail" card and I probably never will. I will admit the thought had passed my mind a few times this fall. I'm not giving in, I'm working my butt off. I have four ornaments going right now. Yes, FOUR at once. Why? Well, because I can't focus on just one at a time. I have not been feeling inspired and as a result have been getting bored so I have to switch back and forth for a while. Plus, its not like I only make a half dozen ornies. Nope, I make a LOT more than that.
Anyway, I have been pulling out all my craft stuff that could be used for Christmas ornaments. I have several ideas for following years. If anyone has any good patterns or directions/tutorials, by all means, pass them my way. My craft area looks like a tornado hit it. I have bits of thread everywhere. Glitter stuck to everything...Yep, its a mess down here. I think Sam is getting tired of hearing my sewing machine running while he is watching TV and messing around on the computer. Every once in a while, I give him a break and pursue quiet endeavors, like painting and cutting, and gluing. I have a lot of hand sewing to do now. Grrr, I don't want to think about it. I just feel like making Christmas cookies. Anyway, now you know where I have been and why I have not been blogging.

11 comments:

Desperate Housewife said...

Oooh, you've got a fancy sewing machine!

Anonymous said...

Uh oh, she's bringing out the big guns for the ornies. Nice machine. I'm jealous.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you have been having fun. I am in the market for a new sewing machine, what kind is yours?And most importantly do you like it?

Love, Carole

Anonymous said...

Oh is that a sewing machine .How does that work because I don't see the peddle like mine. (Just kidding). I haven't had mine out for so many years. You better hurry it's a count down to when you come home. How bad have you spoiled little Rue. I can't believe that shes going to be 1 already.

Anonymous said...

Whats with this comment It wouldn't go then it went but the last comment was from me
Aunt Vic

Anonymous said...

Is that the machine you were going to "tote" into the city?? How could you carry that huge thing? I love the mess, it's the work of a mad creative genius. Craft Queen we bow to you.

Netter said...

DH~ I don't know that it is so fancy really....but my Mom got it for me.

Andi~ Can you believe I never actually used the fancy stitches before! I think I tried them out once but never actually used it on a project. It took me forever to figure out how it worked. I have no idea where the directions are. Thank goodness its an easy threader.

Carole~ It's a Singer. I've had it for quite a few years. Once I get the tension figured out, it works great. I have issues and I have no idea where my instruction booklet is...that would help.

Vickie~ Spoil my only niece?! ME?! Always. I just sent off her birthday stuff. She'll be one on Sat. Oh and I figured that must have been your comment. You are the only person alive that actually met George Washington in person....kidding, kidding.

Raine, It has a hard case that it fits in. Plus I was going to strap it on a luggage cart.

Kare said...

Ah, the wonderful season of glitter. And it stays around all year long.
It looks like you're having fun, Nett. Even if you are feeling a bit stressed.
I laughed at Raine's comment about the 'toting your machine into the city'. I can just hear you now.
hahaha.
Have fun creating!

sara said...

Long live tornado-hit craft areas!!

Tami said...

Hayden says thank you for the present. He LOVES it! He's been playing with it pretty much constantly since he opened it. Occasionally, he even shares with the girls.

If you ever decide to retire from nannying - you should think about starting your own business as a gift consultant/shopper for all us people who have no time or no ideas on what to give people.

ps - did I mention I can't find my ornament making stuff.

Netter said...

Kare....I really need to get my a$$ moving on my ornies. I suck. Speaking of glitter...I was in a Christmas decoration store on Sat and somehow, I had glitter on me from head to toe. I don't think I touched anything with glitter on it.

Sara~ Viva la Crafting Clutter! I might need the govt to come in and do a little clean up for me. Maybe I should see if the Pres will declare it a disaser area. I know my Mom would.

Tami~ Goodness...It took me long enough to mail that darn package. I'm glad he likes it. It looked fun.

You know..I bet you could make a great ornament with post it notes, a stapler and misc other office supplies. Just an idea. I'd laugh and put it in the front of my tree.