Monday, October 15, 2007

Grrrr

 Nancy was away last week...Cliff was away for two days. He came home early actually, which is nice but the following morning I found this message on the dry-erase board. This was his subtle way of saying..."Annette, what did you do with my keys that were supposed to be on the fridge." Trust me, I know how he operates. He even came down stairs in the morning...around 6 AM, flipped on the office light and sighed loudly in an attempt to wake me up. I'd put money on it. I had left my bedroom door slightly ajar when I went to bed the night before but I was no dumby, I played possom and didn't move. I know that 6AM is way to early for me to deal with Cliff. He shut the light back off and went upstairs. I heard him stomping around the house and finally he left at 6:30. I got up, threw on some clothes and went outside to drag the garbage to the curb. The van was gone and the Honda was still in the driveway. They always take the Honda to the train station. Hmmmmm. I found the note on the fridge and started laughing. I knew exactly what happened.
On Tuesday morning, Cliff took the Honda to the train station. He was going to work and then taking a car service to CT for a business meeting and would come back later in the week. WE don't leave the cars at the station because they have had people break into the cars in the past. I had taken Emily with me...she drove the Van home and I drove the Honda and parked it in our driveway. Now, I used my key because Cliff had his. We keep Cliff's keys on the fridge or he can't find them. I kid you not. The man doesn't even have a key to his own house because he can't keep track of them. Nancy will agree, that if keys go missing around here, you can bet that Cliff had them. We always search his belongings first and always get lucky and discover them in a pocket of a jacket or in the bottom of his breifcase. I knew the reason that the key to the Honda wasn't on the fridge is because Cliff never put it back when he got back from his business trip, so I emailed him.

"Good Morning Cliff, I saw your note. The reason your key wasn't on the fridge is because you didn't put it back when you got back from your trip. I picked up the Honda from the train station with my key. I'm sure if you check your briefcase or where ever you put it when you locked the doors the other day, you will find it where you left it. Let me know if you can't find it. I'll have to have another copy made and they are about $95.00 each because it has the remote with it. Have a good day. Nett"

About three minutes later I get this email reply. "I'm an idiot. The key was in my breifcase. Sorry."

Uh huh.....yep, yep...just another day around here. Just another typical day. He even apologized when he got home so he's back in my good graces.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Peg said...

There is a person in my home who regularly loses things. There are only 2 people living here & it isn't me. The interesting thing is when he blames it on the kids who are all 2 1/2 hrs away in 3 different directions. :D

Peg

Netter said...

Men!

Rockstar Mom said...

One of my law partners is this way too. I can have EVERYTHING laid out on a "Presentation Checklist" and he will show up to the airport the day AFTER his flight left.

I have to put a highlighted note at the top of the list telling him what day to be at the airport!!!!!!!

I think it is a characteristic of the profession.

Cindy said...

How Rude.

Cindy

Anonymous said...

Oh dear! What will they do without you?

MiYon said...

LOL I agree with Sue... they would crumble without you!