Thursday, September 06, 2007

My Grand Prize!

 I was finally able to get pictures on the computer! FINALLY! Poor Marianne, must have thought I was snubbing her gifties to me. Indeed not! I have been drooling, waiting until the dust from the drywall settles and the weather cools off a bit so I can start making something from that yarn. But what?! I need ideas...uh, ideas that do not over step my abilities. I have enough challenges in my life right now, lets not add to them, shall we. I'm chomping on one of the longhorn mints right now...and yummy, they taste good. I'm scared of those lolly pops because they have dried dead things in them, but what the hell, you only die once...Uh, uh, I mean, live once. No seriously, I'll try them and I'm sure they will be good. I wore my Texas t-shirt today and Sam took a double take. At first he thought I was wearing my Hawaii T-shirt that our neighbors, Paula and Jeff picked up for me. See, cleaning up dog puke pays off...and I thought all that gagging I did was for nothing but a clean floor.

I know I have not been blogging. I know I thought I would get on the ball once Sam started school. Ha! I have contractors and delivery men calling my name just as I sit down and my creative juices are just starting to drip. By the time I am done getting them light bulbs or signing stuff or telling them where they left things, the blogging juices are dried up. Once we have a function kitchen again and the house is clean and organized, I'll feel more at ease. Until then, fear not...I LIVE.

I have some ideas for altered jewelry that I am tossing around. I can't wait for the fall to settle in on us. I should have time to work on all the stuff that I have been dreaming up. I think I need to go through my stuff first and pitch or give away all the art supplies that I know I will not be using. Sooner or later, I has to be done. Maybe I will post stuff and if people want it, they can leave a comment, then I can draw the winners name out of a hat. It's an idea.

I started sanding the dresser that I am going to refinish but that was before the guys piled all their tools and supplies in the garage. I can't get to it to sand...so that is on the back burner.

I'm not keeping up with blogs the way I should either. I have not forgotten you. I try to leave comments when I can. I at least try to read them. I'll be better, I promise.

OHHHH, the neighbors cut down all the shrubs and trees on the property line. Cliff about had a stroke. Then the put up a fence. WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE THIS! OMG. You won't believe what they did. I'm not saying anything else, not until I take pictures....lol. OH, and Doctor Ray is getting married this weekend. Yeah the stupid neighbor who gets his boat stuck in the same sandbar, over and over. I'm still not sure what the story is there, but this is going to be interesting. I have not met his future wife, but I heard she is very nice and seems to be very nice.

Raine is back from Nebrasky...I get to see her this weekend. It's always so nice to see her, but our visits are never very long. She's so busy and I completely understand, but I still miss her. I just keep telling myself, that its quality not quantity that matters.

OMG, guess who I spoke to tonight...BRANDY! She had a pretty bad day, poor thing. It was so lovely to finally put a voice to the blog. I was chatting with her hubby Jeff but had to cut and run because I had been sitting on the bulkhead and a boat came up to the dock and needed directions. It was low tied and he wanted to know how to get back to get back to East Rockaway and he didn't know where the channel was. I had to tell him to NOT cut across and go back the way he came in or he would be stuck in Doctor Rays' favorite sandbar. Then I told him how to get around the point, but after the clam bar, I didn't know the way. I hope they made it, it was pretty dark. I'll have to call Brandy back in a few days. She's such a sweetheart and so easy to chat with. It felt like I'd known her my whole life.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

ollie1976 said...

Glad that you're doing okay-am very curious to see the fence.
-Jen

Rockstar Mom said...

I love the fence suspense. Hey! I made a rhyme! Can't wait to hear about it. Glad to see my prize made it on your blog. I knew you were busy...hence the fact that I did not BOTHER YOU CONTINUALLY over and over about not putting the picture up yet.

Because that's the kind of low maintenence friend I am.

And I don't recommend sticking a scoripion in your mouth, alive or dead. Not that it's dangerous or anything, I just loathe scorpions and nothing on God's green earth scares me more.

Not even rattlesnakes.

Toodles!

Kare said...

Yay. You posted.
You sound crazy busy. Hope the contracters are staying in line.
Your prize is awesome!

Are you going to crash the wedding?

Tami said...

That orange yarn is beautiful. One day I will get back to crocheting. Have fun with the kitchen - hope it goes according to plan (and schedule)!

Anonymous said...

Nice prize! (And Note to Marianne: Nett must like the gift a lot b/c we Nebraskans rarely were Texas T-shirts, and vice versa I'm sure!;) Glad you are back blogging. Pictures of Lola. NOW. Pretty please?

Darlene said...

Sweet prize! I love getting stuff in the mail! Your life sounds like chaos right now!

Anonymous said...

First, welcome back, Netter! hehe

Second, welcome back, Raine!

Third, cool gifts, Marianne! I don't know about those suckers, though. *shiver*