Friday, May 04, 2007

I'm still here.

I know that I have not been showing my face on Blogger and Twitter as much as I normally do. I don't know what's up with that. I guess I needed some inspiration or something. I had things I could blog about. Wonderful Birthday packages that I received, crazy people that let their kids hang out the window of the car as they drive down the street...speeding and swerving because they are fixing their hair in the rear view mirror, yeah I have stuff that I could have blogged about.

Anyway, I'll get to it.

First my super package... Brandy tortured me with thoughts of this package for quite some time. I tried to get her hubbie Jeff to spill the beans about what was in the box but he knew he would be beaten to a pulp if he blabbed. DANG. So I opened it up...Brandy wrapped that package in so much clear packing tape that it took me forever to get into it. I mean I really had to preform surgery to get that bad boy open. Then the fun began...It's like the packages was endless. Brandy packed so many fun things in there. I have lots of bamboo needles to mess with, a change sock full of nickles and dimes so I won't be getting a parking fine anytime lately. It had a cord maker which I had been eyeing in the store, a yarn cutter which I had also been eyeing for myself, a funny book on how to make sock creatures with your cast off socks. Everyone knows how many cast off socks we have in this house...lol, a chunky sign that I'm hanging in my bathroom, a cute little "Let's Bee Friends" thingy that I put on my shelf in my bedroom and my favorite....The bag that she made for me. She had posted the yarn on her site and I had commented that it looked like sherbet ice cream and good enough to lick. I Loooove it. It's so soft too. Brandy really spoiled me. I'm not sure I deserve the spoiling but I sure do appreciate it.

I'm working on my spring swap and I'm about ready to tear my hair out. I'm telling you, this shouldn't be so hard. I made one already but I wasn't happy with it and decided that I would make a second one since I had worked the kinks out. RIGHT....I'm telling you, the easy part is taking forever today. I'm not sure why but I have been frogging it like crazy. I really need to put it down for a couple of days and try again then. I think I am just getting worked up and its causing me more stress. I have other things I can work on. Like the metal lawn chair photo frame.
My Grandpa Virgil had a metal chair like this and if you were sitting in it, he'd shoo you out of it. I swear it had his name on it. Grandma and Grandpa used to sit outside in the evenings and that was his designated sitting spot. His chair was silver with a red seat and back so I'm going to paint it with enamel paint and place his picture in it. The chair was very inexpensive so I don't mind putting a little time into it. I'll post a pic when I am done with it.

10 comments:

Yarn Tails said...

I am so glad you LOVED everything! Cant wait to see what you create with the book. Have a wonderful Friday!

Unknown said...

What a great birthdya haul!

Rockstar Mom said...

That is a fabulous idea to paint the chair frame like your grandpa's chair! I LOVE it!!

And I know that feeling of the box just being bottomless!! Hhhhmmm, it wasn't so long ago........

Anonymous said...

Score, Netter! You lucky gal, you!

Peg said...

That sock book had some fun ideas in it. (I peeked)

My husband & I also had g-parents with lawnchairs like that & we really liked them. One day R happened by a resale place & discovered 4 of them. He brought them home & he & our daughter Leah painted them. They're still great to sit in!

MiYon said...

As usual, I will procrastinate for a few days before sending your present off. I won't forget, though. ;)

Anonymous said...

Just popping in to let you know that the card came today! Thanks! You're a real sweetie!

Anonymous said...

I have 2 of the chairs I bought at walmart a couple years ago and I found a rocking one in the shed on Johns family farm. so I took it and painted it. Nice birthday present I bet you get more. It the p.o. don't loose it.

Anonymous said...

Totally cool package. LOVE the way the booga turned out. Happy Happy B. Day to you!!

Millie said...

Strange, I don't remember the chair being red and silver.. I thought it was green..Oh, well...memory is going fast....