Sunday, March 18, 2007

The Showdown....at the neighbors house

I introduced you to Kitty...the King of the House...but you don't know about the much bigger "Queen" of the House, Molly. Molly is a super sweet dog and she is an amaizing watchdog. She sits on the stairs and watches the door. When she sees the refelections of break lights on cars or headlights when cars turn, she turns into a barking nutso. If you are not used to all the protection, it will scare the living bejesus out of you. Molly doesn't trust the neighbor kid who dribbles his basketball in the street. Molly really doesn't care if he is one of the best Varsity team players at the high school or not....she just can't stand that kid. Molly also dislikes the neighbors across the street and she barks like a lunatic every time they pull into their driveway or take out the trash. The truth be told, if given the chance to catch those people, she'd likely lick them to death. She's all talk, no action.

Now, I think Molly loves Kitty. Well, Ok, Molly loves to torment Kitty. You see Molly is jealous of any attention that Kitty gets. So if you have been petting Kitty, Molly is going to get even with Kitty later. What does she do? She waits, acting all sly and lazy. The second that Kitty tries to walk up or down the stairs, BAM....the race is on. Kitty flies down those stairs so fast, I'm not sure her paws even hit the runners. Zoom, she's headed to the basement. Molly won't go down the basement steps. I'm not sure why, she just won't. I love the picture above. Molly was chewing on her bottle, relaxing, enjoying the evening. At first I didn't notice the interaction going on between the two of them. Then I noticed that every time Molly shot Kitty a death glance, Kitties ears turned back. When Molly looked away, Kitties ears were normal again. I think they did this about 25 times. I had to get a quick pic of it. Finally Molly moved to the stair landing and pretended to be watching the door. Kitty jumped down and Molly looked back at her. Kitty walked behind the TV center. Its the closest protected area next to the stair landing. Molly glanced back and noticed this but did nothing. Then slowly, Kitty started to inch his way along the wall, headed toward the down staircase. Molly's tail froze, her back paws twitched. BAM, Molly jumped up and Kitty FLEW down those stairs, with Molly in hot pursuit. Molly didn't catch Kitty. I understand that she never does. It's more of a game. It's a classic house pet struggle for top spot. It's really pretty fun to watch.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL I love how you told that! It is almost sounding like Rascal and Jasmine. Now Pumpkin on the other hand will wrestle with her to her hearts content! Its actually quite funny. I need to get a video of it. Pumpkin is really careful too when he plays with her!

Kare said...

Animals are more entertaining than tv.

Anonymous said...

They are more fun to watch when you have more than one animal (or kids). They think they are human and its just funny as all get out.

Bear and Becca actually verablly fight. They both think they are hot stuff. And then Bear sits on Becca or nibbles and licks her. Its hilarous!

Mandy

Jen said...

I bet Mr. Cooper and Molly would get along famously! Happy (belated) St. Pat's to you!

Desperate Housewife said...

God, I miss having a cat! I'm considering buying a goldfish for the Boy.

Tami said...

That story reminds me of Elvis. He would chase the cats all over the place but occasionally one of them would chase him. The cats acted like they didn't like him but we'd catch them napping together. The dog thought he was a cat - I'm sure he didn't even realize he was 10 times their size.

Rockstar Mom said...

That is now the sixth dog I know of named Molly.

Seriously, I am changing my daughter's name. I kinda like Amy....

Netter said...

Hi Jen! I saw a pic of Mr Cooper...hes cute.

Tami~ Awww, Elvis. He was a good dog.

Marianne~ Dont change her name....I don't think of Molly as a dogs name. Gertie, Toby, Rodger...those are dog names.