Thursday, February 01, 2007

I admit it!

Fine, Fine, I admit that I am one of those nutty adults that like the Harry Potter Series. I can't help it. Years ago, Katie told me that I HAD to read the Harry Potter book. Yeah the first one, The Sourcers Stone. I picked it up several times but couldn't get past the first couple of chapters. I guess the third book was out when I finally broke down and pushed through the third chapter and suddenly I was hooked. The last few books I bought ASAP and burned through them in no time flat. I'm not ashamed to admit that I plan on doing the same thing for ook number seven. So, you know where I will be on July 21. Yep, I'll be reading that book. I have to do it before people start spilling the ending.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm anxious too!

Anonymous said...

I want my own tag like Katie has "Rain Recommends"...and I'll be reading Potter, too mainly because I'll need to be able to discuss the book with random strangers I meet on the street and on public transport. I swear if you carry that book around NYC you're bound to get into quite a few conversations about it (with everyone from 9-year-old private school kids to forty-something drag queens).

Anonymous said...

I've read the first 3 books but stopped there. My daughter has read them all 3 times! She can't wait for the next book.

Kare said...

I don't think you're in the minority on adult Harry Potter fans, Netter.
Darlene is hooked. She waited in line for one of the movies and was in the paper and everything!
My husband and I are the only adults that I know of who have never read any.

Desperate Housewife said...

I have all the books, in hardcover, and I am SO going to be at Chapters at one minute past midnight on July 21st!

Unknown said...

Now I left a comment yesterday and I know I did. Blogger is really mean to me sometimes.

I only read the first one and it ruined the movie for me or should I say the movie ruined the book. Either way... I havent read the rest, but my kids love the books.

Millie said...

kare; chalk up another adult that hasn't read them... I haven't and not because I don't have the opportunity....Netter's are stashed in my basement, but somehow they have just never appealed to me, and when the girls put the DVD in, I didn't last very long before I was asleep.. think that is why I pass on the book.. If the movie puts me to sleep, what will the book do????

Anonymous said...

I wish I had more time to read. Only read the first two in the series but have seen all of the movies.