Monday, December 04, 2006

Guess what day it is today!


Today is my Sisters due date. Yeah, that baby has not decided to be a rude visitor and show up early. What the hell is that all about?! Well, I can't say I am surprised. I was a late baby...I was due at the end of April and I waited until May 7th to show my little head, only to end up with a cracked collar bone for my efforts. My Sister was late too if I remember correctly...but she showed up a couple of days prior to Aunt vickie and Uncle Johns wedding. I mean if "Mommy" and "Auntie Nett" couldn't show up on time for their births, why should she! Good question and I'll tell you why....because Auntie Nett can't wait any longer. Enough is enough, be born already! Sheesh!
Anyway, Tisha is going back to the doctor today for a little visit to see how Mommy and baby are doing. On the last visit every thing was fine. Baby still had room to grow and was guessed to weigh around 8 lbs 3 oz. Tisha was 8 lbs 6 oz and I was 8 lbs 10 oz when I was born...so she's in the same ball park. Tisha was dialated to 1 cm...so there was something going on down there, the kick count was good, active....baby was in the right position, so its just a matter of time. I think Tisha was ready to kill the Doc when she mentioned that having sex sometimes brought on labor....cause Dewey was all gungho to get it on after that. As of yesterday, he wasn't getting his way....lol.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO!!!! I hope she has it soon for you! Stilling laughing at the last part!! LOL

Darlene said...

ahahaha - My daughter, god bless her, was due on 25 August, and decided not to arrive until 8 September....My son however, punctual just like his mother, arrived on his due date...My children still, after all these years, go by these schedules. Adam is always on time & Amy will be late for her own funeral.

Netter said...

August 25th is my Sister's birthday...and my Cousin was born on August 8th...anyway you never know. I hate being late...HATE it. It's funny though, since living on the East Coast, I'm less tense about it. It seems like everyone is late out here.

Anonymous said...

I would have stayed pregnant forever if I could. Not that I liked being pregnant, but I'd rather that than labor and delivery. omg. I need an ativan just thinking about it.

Let us know when it happens!

Anonymous said...

You know how weird things happen to Tisha maybe I'll be grandma before your mom after all. Tisha will have something to say about that. Oh the sex ideal doesn't work. I'm not explaining how I know. I just do.

Anonymous said...

What ever happened to the old rule of no sex for a month before? I always thought it was a good one.

Rockstar Mom said...

That's funny what Kare said! My first thought when I saw those two blue lines that told me I was pregnant........"Oh my God. What have I done? I'm gonna have to go thru labor!"

I think most of my postpartum depression was because I was not pregnant anymore. I loved every single minute of it.

Netter said...

Well, My poor sister has not had a good pregnancy...first it started out with throwing up that never really went away completely...but the biggest issue was they kept telling her she wasn't preggers...she still tests negative when the give her a test. She's a freak. Plus she has a cracked vertabrea in her lower back, which is healed but the baby is sitting in her back, so she has been in a ton of pain already. Some people feel great during their pregnancies...She is not won of those people.

Netter said...

VICKIE! Which one of the kids were you preggers with when you tried it out? LOL...sheesh!

Millie said...

Guess, we are showing our age, Carole, I was told the same thing about no sex for 1 month before due date.. However, they told me to go home and scrub all my floors on my hands and knees.. (we lived in military housing and every floor was wood except the kitchen, so I was feeling extra good and not only did I scrub them, I also waxed them (with Johnson paste wax) on my hands and knees.. Did it help??? Hell, no.. but I had the shineiest floor in the neighborhood.... and to damn slick to walk on sock footed... especially pregnant!!! When did I finally have the "Netter"?? When the moon changed!! as predicted by a young, black neighbor lady, who said her grandmother swore by that old wives tale.. go figure....however the moon has changed twice and we have no new grandbaby yet!!!!!! Tisha on the other hand was due, in the area of the 3rd or 5th of Aug...Dr. figured the 3rd, I figured the 5th... She was stubborn and messed around and didn't make her appearance until the 25th... and yes, she made her first formal appearance at her Aunt Vickie and Uncle John's wedding at the ripe old age of 6 days......

Tami said...

Yeah, don't worry. The doctor I had with Hayden said it could be up to 2 weeks after the due date before the baby comes. He told me that 1 day after my due date so I went home in tears. I'm still mad at that doctor and that was 7 years ago.