Monday, September 04, 2006

Awwww, nothing like a tag sale...


Jean called me a bit ago...we are going to hit a few tag and garage sales. We have not done that in quite a while. If I can find my digital camera battery charger, I'll take some pictures of the crap we drag home. It's usually scary, however that is part of the fun, isn't it. I need a little desk chair. I keep thinking I'll find one by chance when I am driving the day before trash pick-up. Why buy it when you can get it for free. I have no problem stripping and sanding furniture.

I'm off!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy hunting! Sounds fun!

Desperate Housewife said...

I never find anything but crap at yard sales, flea markets, and second-hand stores. I just don't have the gift.

Netter said...

Bummer....we forgot that it was a holiday and there were no sales anywhere near us. We didn't feel it made sense to drive 45 minutes to the nearest one, so we goofed off instead.

I did see another cute desk out along the side of the road for special pickup tomorrow, but one desk is enough and I like the one I have better.

Hopefully we can go next weekend or the weekend after.

DH~ I know, in the past I have walked away without a single thing...but once in a while, I find a gem. I'm picky too, so I won't buy just any old crap. Right now, I am looking for old buttons, strange costume jewelry, a small chair to work with my desk project, maybe a tea cup set. I'd like a small solid wood bookshelf that I can paint or strip...who knows.

Cindy said...

I can not wait for the garage sales that are going to be up and down highway 36. I think that it will be about 400 miles.

Darlene said...

God Bless yard sales. Amen

Anonymous said...

hahahaha Losers. I love you netter.

Netter said...

Ok now, Little Miss Kaitlin Rose Leach....you better watch it! lol....jez,you nut. Love you too.