Thursday, April 06, 2006

My flower chair part II

Ok, everyone may remember the flower chair I made last summer. It was very cute, if I do say so myself. I'm sooo modest these days..lol. Anyway, I decided it was time to put some color in the front of the house. They are all cold weather friendly plants so they are doing really well out there. Yes, even with the spring snow storm we had yesterday, they are fine. I have another little chair that I found on trash day last week. It is dark blue but that can be painted....I was trying to decide if I really need another one or if I should put it together and mail it off to someone. MOTHER...do you want one?
When Sam got home from school today, he wasn't feeling better at all, in fact he is much worse, so I took him back to the doctor. She said to come back in a week if he isn't any better so she can listen to his lungs again. Poor kid is exhausted. Hopefully, I won't get it. Cross your fingers for me!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I have and old chair. I would love to do this to. Maybe when you are back we can get together and you can help me . You know I'm not very talented at crafty things. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Netter said...

Sure! I'll help you make one. It's easy. I am sending the little chair to Mom's and I will see if I can dig out the extra wire and an entire bag of moss. You have a drill? We should be set.

Anonymous said...

I do. I can buy the wire and moss hear. I have a couple vacation days coming. Maybe I can work it so that we can get together. Should I go ahead and have the chair painted. Do you use spray or brush paint.

Netter said...

I use oil base paint and I use a brush. The oil base seems to deter the water better. A little sanding job is a good idea first though. Goodie! This should be fun.

Netter said...

Oh...don't buy the wire yet. I think I have a whole thing of it yet...let me see. It has to be very sturdy wire.

Netter said...

Oh, how nice to have a florist in the family. I love flowers.