Tuesday, April 25, 2006

A little trip down memory lane.

When I was a kid, Avon sold these little pins and most of them had a flip up portion of their body that contained a creamy perfume. Not all of them, but most did. Anyway, I used to love these things and this is my stash that I still have tucked away at my parents home. From the looks of a couple of them you can tell I wore them all the time. I loved the doggie on the pillow and bunny on roller skates the best. The design is worn off their noses and the perfume is wiped clean in their compartments. Most of them are dated and I think the oldest one that I have is the yellow elephant which is marked 1973. The rest of the dated ones are marked '74' and '75'. Did anyone else have any of these? I think I 'm going to see if I can find them online anywhere. They were so darn cute.

5 comments:

Olivia Twist said...

OH.MY.GOSH.!!!!! I haven't seen those in YEARS!!! I used to love those. My mom got them for me sometimes. they smelled really good too. Wow. So glad you posted that. It is a walk down memory lane. Ahhhh..the good ol' days with happy Avon things. Hope your trip went great. You'll have to tell me all about it.
Missed you. :-)
Lexie.

Kimberly said...

I remember those!! I don't have any, but I do have this little jade colored owl with a red beak. You can unscrew the body and inside there is a compartment where a creamy perfume used to be. It is so cute!

Netter said...

I know, I know, I really loved them too. I'll have to drop you a line soon.

Netter said...

Bailey has great taste...the bunny was my favorite. It's legs swing back and forth...so cute.

Cindy said...

I always thought the perfume stank. But they were cute. I think mom has some of these.