Friday, March 31, 2006

It should get someones attention

I was driving the car this morning and I heard all these cute children's voices saying strange things. "I smoke when I am coloring," "I smoke when I am taking a bubble bath," "I smoke when I am eating," "Sometimes I smoke when I am napping." It thought, "WTF?!" They have maybe 15 different kids each saying a different thing. Then it goes on to have an adult asking if you would let your child smoke a cigarette and that if you smoke around your child from birth...that by the time they reach 5 they have inhaled enough smoke to have smoked 100 packs of cigarettes themselves. Now, my Father smokes, he always has. I hated it when I was a kid, I hate it now. Whenever I see someone smoking in their car or on the street, I can't help but think how unattractive that is. I really feel sorry for them. I mean, my Dad gets pissed when I tell him he is a drug addict because he smokes....but its true, he is hooked on nicotine, sure it is legal but it doesn't make it right.
Anyway, hearing those cute little sweet voices saying they smoke while they are playing with toys, breaks my heart.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Smoking really isn't very attractive, is it? My brother smokes and I wish he'd quit but that's not likely to happen. It's too bad, he's in for a world of health problems that will severly limit his lifestyle.

Netter said...

My Grandfather had lung cancer...its a tough way to die. Tell your Mother that ANNETTE SAID, "EX-smokers are the BEST kind!" I understand addiction, I know people that have struggled with alcohol, drugs, and I truly believe that Cigarettes are just as hard if not harder to quit. You know, you can avoid bars that sell booze, you can avoid people that do illegal drugs but smokers are everywhere. The smell alone must drive people crazy. Good for you! Your children are the ones that will reap the benefits. Honestly, I never smoked a cigarette but I have a good chance of ending up with lung cancer just from growing up around my Dad. He'll never quit. He says its the only bad habit he has left. I beg to differ.

Anonymous said...

You know my opinin on smoking. We have more in comon I have never had a cig in my mouth. Never plan to either. I agree your Dad has more bad habits then smoking. I still don't see how your mom puts up with it. Its love or dumb. I quess its love shes not dumb. Had to say that incase she reads this.