Friday, March 24, 2006

How to wind your Mother's clock.


Ok, this is an easy, step by step guide to winding your Mom's clock. If your Mother is anything like mine....here is what you do. Call her up, talk to her for a good 20 minutes about nothing in particular to get her primed. Have her make a hair cutting appointment for you on your next trip home. Wait a few weeks, call her again. Blab about nothing in particular for a few minutes and mention that you should get your teeth cleaned while you are home because it is cheaper there. Then tell her to call the Doctors office and make an appointment for you. Hold your ear away from the phone...she will start sputtering. "Why do I have to make you appointment for you, why don't you call, I don't know when you want to have that done, how am I supposed to know when it will work for you.....ect, ect. This is the point where your Dad will make a comment that you can't quite hear and when you ask what he said, your mom will tell you that you need to "stop winding her clock." That basically means you were getting her all worked up about something silly. I mean, jeepers, I only suggested she make the appointment because its a local call for her. She knows when I will be back, so she knows when it will work. She made the hair appointment without flipping out. LOL, I know what the problem is. She has Dad tell her to call and make all of his appointments. I'm not sure what his excuse is. I know he knows his numbers, he uses them when he runs the TV remote. My Mother is soooo high strung sometimes, MAN, she goes from normal to coo coo in two seconds flat. LOL, I still love you Mom! I think part of her aggravation stems from the fact that she keeps forgetting to make the appointment with the photographer so we can have family pictures taken when I am back. I told her I would leave a message on the machine on Monday so she will remember. Then I have the nerve to tell her to make another call for me. WHAT NERVE I HAVE! Anyway, I am having her email the dentists phone number to me...and I'll make the appointment myself. Its just easier that way. Plus, I think she hid the wind up key from me so I can't use it anymore.

5 comments:

Netter said...

Actually, I don't think my Mom is that high strung. You just have to catch her at a moment when she is annoyed by something else and give her an extra push. If her top lip starts to twitch, RUN...she is royally pissed then.

The family pictures were actually her idea so I'm sure she will call. Its just whenever she thinks about it, it is always too late or to early to call.

Anonymous said...

Hey, girlie, If you can afford to talk to me for 60- 80 minutes at a whack several times a week, you can surely afford to talk 2 minutes to make your own appointment.. Doesn't everybody agree with that????

Netter said...

lol, nah, we are on a friends and family plan so it costs me nothing....but the dentist would cost me. HA!

Anonymous said...

I agree with your mom . way to go Millie. Don't let her get the best of you. She'll bother you enough when shes back. Oh but we all have to love her anyway.

Netter said...

Ok Vickie, now you are on my list. Sheesh!