Saturday, February 11, 2006

What the!



Ok, honestly I have these stupid candy hearts but not because I think they are ugly, but because the taste like Pepto-Bismol. Oh yeah, they are a nasty waste of sugar. But what is with the sayings on them? Is it just me or have they gotten more pathetic as they years have progressed. NECCO makes the hearts and many of the sayings have been in circulation since 1902. The classics consist of KISS ME, SWEET TALK, BE MINE and sometimes a motto is discontinued for a while and later re-introduced, but others are gone for good, like the funk, DIG ME or the jolly, ARE YOU GAY. I'm not kidding about that last one, they really had one that said that, you know, back when it just meant happy or jolly.
This is kind of interesting though, they have to produce 100,000 candy hearts a day to meet the Valentine season demand, when about 8 billion are sold in about six weeks.
The list of new sayings for 2006 are : TO, AND, ILU, HOME SOON,SWEET HOME, HOUSE PARTY,GO HOME, HOME SICK, CALL HOME, HOME RUN.

If these don't do it for you you can order your own sayings but you have to pay for a full production run of 1.7 million hearts per saying. They say they should stay fresh for 5 years so you would have plenty of time to eat them up. I think its cheaper to use the candy heart maker link I have posted above. Click on the pink subject header to see your own sayings on the hearts.

2 comments:

jukebox said...

Love your blog. You have a lot of stuff going on my is so plain. i really need to jazz it up! but, I am awful with computer programmes

http://fun-loving-singleton.blogspot.com/

Netter said...

I know, I liked that one too. lol