Monday, February 20, 2006

Visits from friends...


I had a lovely weekend. Raine and Christopher came out for a visit on Friday night. We had supper at the Cheesecake factory...yummy...then went home and played a cut throat round of CLUE. Raine won, I was heading for that room and she went back into it before I could move 4 more spaces. Christopher says he was headed to the room to solve it also but when he showed us his card after the fact, it showed that he had the wrong room marked...lol, and he tried to say he just did that incase one of us saw his card. Uh huh...rrrrightttt! We hit the sack late and we were up by 7:30. Raine heard the neighbors dog, Lola and she ran outside to spoil her with love. The other dog came to visit...but Marley is insane. After the pet fest Raine and Chris went out on the dock to feed some geese, ducks and seagulls. I cooked a breakfast of "the worlds best waffles", Nebraska bacon, and freshly squeezed orange juice while Chris watched TV and Raine snuck off and made the bed. She is a great house guest. It was yummy but we were stuffed. Chris watched a little more TV, Raine took a little cat nap and I did some stuff around the house before we all went to our assigned showers before heading out to BJ's and the mall and then they left me for a ride back into NYC with another friend. We really had a great time. We only lost Christopher once but the finger pointing stopped once I said to blame me. lol.
I love it when I see those two. They are so much fun and wonderful friends. I know how much they hate riding the LIRR out to Long Island, but I paid my friendship dues for the next two years so they have to make the trip once in a great while...its in the contract. They have done it twice so far this year....not a bad start, huh. It's my turn next. More on that Tues night or Wed morning. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Olivia Twist said...

I got stuck reading only the first part of your blog, and came to a SCREECHING HALT when I read about the dock. Are you saying that you have a dock in your backyard?????

Netter said...

Yep, Lexie, that dock is in our backyard.

Anonymous said...

We had a great time visiting! You spoil us too much, but we love it. I do hate the LIRR but you're worth it.