Wednesday, February 22, 2006

How I spent my day off.

Yes, I could have goofed off. I could have gone into the City. I could have read a book all day. Nope, not in the stars...I painted and organized the foyer closet instead. I couldn't stand it anymore. It was painted dark grey...DARK GREY, ceiling and all. It was terrible. As a result, it was so dark in there that you couldn't see anything. Now it glows....FINALLY! For the last four years I have been complaining about that closet. The white and blue matches the bathroom on the opposite side of the foyer. Hey, I had lots of leftover paint, so why not use a little of it up instead of letting it sit around. My next project will be the computer/weight room. I would have done it this time but I decided I need help moving the furniture. Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Chelie said...

that looks really good

Tami said...

It does look good. I like it when people paint closets. It makes the whole room look finished. John would rather just save the time & keep the door shut.

Anonymous said...

Tami I agree with your husband. Keep the door closed. Netter if you do want something to do you can come and do my closets. you wouldn't have to paint just clean them out.

Netter said...

Vic, I would love to clean out your closets....but be warned....I throw out all the crap I don't think anyone needs. (this coming from a packrat) Buy me a plane ticket home and I'll get teh job done. Just take all the kinky stuff out first, OK.

Netter said...

If you had set eyes on that closet before....Oh my, it was BAD. I couldn't stand it anymore. See the problem with letting me clean a closet is that then I want to put stuff somewhere else if it really doesn't belong in that closet...so them I have to clean and/or organize another area of the house. It never ends. It's kind of like those books, "It you give a mouse a cookie..." Its like a snowball. but, hey if you want to pay to fly me to SD to clean your closets...I'm game. Just be warned I trash stupid stuff when you are not looking. I've been doing it for years and nobody had noticed in this house.

Olivia Twist said...

Yep, It looks great. Those two colors look really good together. Nice work. I'm now emptying out our closet for your next project.
Lexie.

Netter said...

Oh, no...I AM a pack rat....I really am! It's just when I get the urge to trash stuff, I go with the flow. I have no problems throwing out other peoples crap as long as its not a perfectly good cardboard box. I HAVE TO KEEP IT!