Monday, January 30, 2006

Now it makes sense! She's trying to kill me.


I have issues with Tide detergent. It's gotten worse over the years. I don't use it, I don't like sleeping over at peoples homes if they use it. I get very stuffy, sinus wise and I end up with an itchy rash. It's not pleasant, not at all.

Well, I went to take out the trash this morning and discovered an empty Tide bottle in the laundry room trash. This explains why I have not been feeling so well and why I have been getting rashes. A certain person does their laundry here and it never occurred to me that they were using Tide. In her defense, I doubt if she even remembers me complaining about Tide over the years, back when we were still friends. This sooo explains everything though. I do a load of my towels every Monday morning. I have been having a strange rash all over my body but especially my face after I take a shower. I have been trying to figure out what was causing it. I thought it was my shampoo at first so I stitched back to shampoos that have never bothered me. Now I have discovered it is probably the residue from the washer and dryer that is making me sick. I just got done bleaching the entire washer and dryer. I'm hoping that will do it. I've got a rash right now and my head is stuffy again, so that must be it. Tide overdose. Now she is going to think I am a real bitch for telling her she isn't allowed to bring that crap in the house and she will have to wash the dryer and washer after she is done with it until the residue is completely out of her clothing. Oh heck, maybe I will just have Nancy tell her, that way she may listen. I'm just glad that I finally figured out what my problem is.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can remember years ago my dad complaining about the rash around his waist whenever my mother switched to Tide. I wonder what it is that the others don't have. Gary will not let me use it either. Maybe it is all the phosphates the company uses. I saw pictures of a river with the leftover suds from a Tide test. Hope you have solved your problem. Allergies are a bitch.

Netter said...

Actually, Tisha is even more sensitive to Tide than I am. I think Cindy has issues with it too. I have not had any issues since I bleached the washer and dryer and rewashed all my towels, sheets and most of my clothes...just in case. Allergies are a bitch, you are right!

Olivia Twist said...

Yes, tide sucks. I used to use it all the time, but I found that it made my clothes feel hard or something. Glad you found the wicked thing that was causing all of your heartache. BAD TIDE.

Tami said...

So what do you use? We don't use Tide and I'm glad now because Meredith has sensitive skin also. Thankfully, Stephanie doesn't seem to have those same issues.

Anonymous said...

Yip, you are correct. Tisha is super sensitive to Tide. She use to come home from school with big quarter sized hives, from being next to someone, or sitting in a seat where someone had sat, who used Tide. I remember in the grocery store one time, when we walked down the laundry soap aisle, there was some soap granulars, not a lot just where it had sifted out of the box, on the floor. By the time we got to the end of the aisle, she was breaking out in hives and scratching like a mad man. That has to be a bitch for her. I know she steers clear of that aisle if she can. Don't blame her. I would too.