Friday, January 20, 2006

And that's the truth...

I use to ask my Dad why he would never buy Mom a dishwasher. His stock answer was always the same..."Why should I, she already has two." By two he meant me and my sister. Years later I bought Mom a framed print that said, "I never heard of a man getting shot while he was doing the dishes." She still has it hanging up in the kitchen. For the record, my Pop did do the dishes once and my Mom almost fell over. She came home one day when she had to work and he didn't, to a strainer full of clean dishes. I know, I know! Shocker! Well, you'll probably never see that happen again in our lifetime, so don't expect it. It's just nice to know that he actually knows how. I mean, he knew how to cook and he was very good at it. We just never let him do it because he dirtied every dish in the house and then we had to clean up after him. I still never figured out how he could use that many dishes. Thank goodness that Mom finally has a real dishwasher and not Pops idea of a dishwasher: Moms two hands.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: