Friday, December 09, 2005

There is something in the water in Kansas!


Just when I think my family is the goofiest on earth... My cousin Cindy shares a picture like this and I realize that the other side of her family is way sillier than mine. This is a picture of two of her Uncles dressed to kill. Ok, I really think this is cute. I just can't believe they allowed someone to take their pictures outside. Notice the pearls and the single sock and shoe. I think I need a little background story for this picture. Oh Aunt Louise! You have to comment on this for me. We need details.

I now know where Cindy's brother Mike got it. I'll never forget this time at Grandma's when Mike was in the back bedroom with Tisha and Jeff. Cindy and I walked through the door and I'm not sure what sparked the comment but suddenly an annoyed Mike yelled, "Oh yeah Cindy, I supposed you told them that I wore dresses too!" To which Jeff, Tisha and I all replied, "WHAT!" with our eyes extremely wide and our jaws on the ground. Oh man, Mike spilled the beans on himself, Cindy hadn't shared that little gem with us. Oh that was a glorious event!. Mike was pissed and everyone else was enjoying the moment. LOL. In his defense, he wore a dress when he played house with Cindy, its not like he wore them everyday and he was very young when he did that. Uh huh, OK I'll buy that. After all, years later...we couldn't get him to put on my Mom's old prom dress. Nope, we had to talk Mikes friend Tom into it. We even have video tape of Tom sitting on the piano bench in the dress and a wig, while a shirtless Mike lip syncs to "She's like the Wind." I think we had promised not to show this tape to everyone else...but of course that promise was dumped rather quickly.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That pic was for freshman initiation. The seniors each had a freshman and they had to wear what the seniors told them to. they would have a parade around the football field and then a party at the school. the seniors could also have the freshmen carry their books to class etc. I was a senior the same year, but didnt have Terry or Garrys name. we also painted their faces green, which the seniors had done for years. Someone complained and they decided it was getting out of hand, so they stopped it a couple of years after I graduated. I had fun when I was a freshman,green paint and all,but some kids took it the wrong way ,and messed it up for everyone else. by complaining.

denise said...

oh oh i know where that video of mike and tom is. lol when i told mike that i knew where it was he didnt believe me that the tape even still exsisted. ha ha ha god that is the best. i cant tell u how many times u have seen it. lol QUOTE FROM MIKE " I LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND ALL I SEE, IS AN UGLY THINK LOOKING AT ME" LOL it is suppose to be all i see is a young old man with only a dream. lol

Netter said...

They look so tiny to be freshman. Wow!

Chelie said...

I want to show my roommates that video:D

Netter said...

Oh dear sweet Lord! Michelle, Mike will kill you and I will be totally embarassed because I believe I was acting like a spaz in that.

denise said...

i dont think u were in it nett and if u were it was just a short shot of your face. lol

Netter said...

Maybe we didn't tape the whole night for you guys. I know I am in our copy.