Wednesday, December 14, 2005

It's a cruel, cruel world....

I'm a person of morning routines. I just have a sequence that I tend to do things in. Alarm goes off, I jump up right away and shut it off. I go to the bathroom, wash my hands, brush my teeth, wash any of the dried slobber that may or may not be stuck to my face off before I go up stairs. If it is a garbage or recycling day, I immediately go to the garage and haul out the trash, on the way in I grab the newspaper. If it isn't a trash day, I still run out and get the paper before I head into the kitchen.
Well, today it is 14 degrees out, I have no idea what the wind chill factor is but I went to the front door, ran outside in my Santa Ho ho ho jp's and tie dyed socks only to discover that the paper was not where it normally is. I even looked under the cars. I return to find Nancy sitting at the kitchen table playing card games on her lap top, she says,"If you are looking for the paper, its in here." To which I respond, "OH MAN, I went out there for nothing?!" I really wish she would have stopped me before I opened that door....yes, its a cruel, cruel world. If that is the worst thing that happens to me today, I think I can count this as a pretty good day. I hope you have a great day too.

No comments: