Thursday, November 17, 2005

Katie Leach's latest poem...

"The Fluorescent Light"

I lie enfolded in a restricted rainbow
under the incessant burning of the fluorescent light
that crawls behind my blue eyelids,
weaving its way through the shadows in my curls.

Under the incessant burning of the fluorescent light
my body is found beside a man’s; his hands
weaving their way through the shadows in my curls;
his legs, like ivy, rise up, strangling my thighs.

My body is found beside a man’s; his hands
growing as frigid as the broken radiator.
His legs, like ivy, rise up, strangling my thighs
as I suffocate in the cocoon of my mistake.

Growing frigid as the broken radiator,
my feet slyly slide onto the tiled floor.
As I suffocate in the cocoon of my mistake,
I throw my clothes on and quietly open the door.

My feet slyly slid onto the tiled floor
but he knew I’d go, and silently watched
as I threw my clothes on and quietly opened the door,
pouring the fluorescent light into the rifts of his
shattered eyes.

5 comments:

Netter said...

Note to her Mother*** this is not a life experience based poem. :o)

Anonymous said...

Katie has been a good girl :-)

Cindy said...

That is a very good poem.-

Tami said...

This is a very good poem. If it didn't come from your life, perhaps it came from mine.

Anonymous said...

Welll I've been in the situation ... kinda... but I shouldn't talk about it because mi madre might be reading this.