Tuesday, November 15, 2005

..and my Mom thinks I'm nutty...

So, I got an email from Mom telling me that they were getting a crap load of snow, the wind chill was 18 degrees and that she wasn't happy that it was in the 60's here. So, being the wonderful pain in the neck that I am...I call her up and ask her if she got what I sent her. She said, "What did you send? I don't think I got anything." To which I said, "I sent you a bunch of snow"... and Mom said, "Yeah, funny." LOL. Then she has Pops yelling stuff to tell me while we are trying to carry on a conversation. She said, "We had a deer in the yard since this morning." I said, "Oh yeah, what is it? One of those tacky concrete statues or something?" She said, "no, its hanging in the tree." To which I said, "Oh lord, it's a redneck neighborhood now, huh!" So, it seems Pop got his deer. Anyway, I asked if they were going to take it to the locker to be processed, to which Mom replies that Dad and Lonnie are going to take care of it, but she wishes they would take it to the locker. slight pause...."He knows I'm touchy on the meat." As I start laughing she quickly says, don't even take it that way. I knew I shouldn't have said that, you have a dirty mind! Jesus Annette!" Tears are running down my face. (I almost typed cheeks but thought that would be misinterpreted...lol)

Later in our convo, Mom asked if I got an email from my sister. I said, "Not on my aol, did she mail it to yahoo instead?" Mom said she didn't know. I said, that I rarely check my yahoo but I'd see if it was there and delete some of the spam out of it. So I find the email. As I am reading the recipe that Tisha sent to me...I say" there is a lot of sugar in these." To which my Mother responds with, "Well, that is what happens when you don't clean it out more often." ????? I said, "What the hell are you talking about." She said, "You should empty out your email more often." So I said, "What does that have to do with all the sugar in the recipe?" Mom said, "HUH?" lol, we were not on the same wave length on that one. Just another day...put this still wasn't as bad as the incident with the door. That is my favorite story about my Mom...and she hates it when I tell people about it. It's good though!

No comments: