Saturday, July 23, 2005

Screw punctuation

Yeah, you heard me. Screw it. I'm really sick of reading my site and finding a ton of goofs. I wish I could be one of those people that are completely compulsive and actually obsessive over my grammar, punctuation, and spelling. Frankly, I just type a bunch of crap into the keyboard and what you see is what you get. Good enough for me. This site is my journal of sorts...It's my say whatever I want to say and live to regret it, site. I just blog, for bloggings sake. It's not my creative outlet, but simply a catalyst. I'm just so used to goofs that they don't surprise me anymore. It's pathetic. Sure I could hit the spell check button but that takes time people and I'd rather spend my time doing something stupid. I'm doomed anyway. I Typed in the invitation for Cliff's parents 60th Anniversary p[arty. Three other adults checked the copy over for typos. It was OK'd and I mailed out all the invitations, only to discover that we all missed that we left out the date. We had "Sunday, August, 2005". Sure it narrowed it down to a month....but the "21st" would have been helpful. I had to send out postcards with corrections on it today. ANNOYING. I'm supposed to be on vacation. A nice old guy told me that I should read the copy upside down next time I need to proof read something. I guess it forces your brain to slow down and really take note of missing things. I'll try it but with a brain like mine....I don't expect much.

No comments: