Wednesday, June 22, 2005

The Nut of a neighbor...

Yes, it is true that my next door neighbor is a bit strange. Yesterday, RAY...(with a name like that I should have know he'd be odd)...was in his back yard playing new wave music, the really funky woo-woo stuff. It was really loud. At first I thought the Spanish guys that were painting the other neighbors house, had gotten sick of their Spanish music channel from the day before....NOPE, it was Ray. Then I hear someone yelling, I look out the window and I see Ray, jumping up and down on a small stationary trampoline that you run in place on. He's yelling....so I strain and try to hear what he's yelling about and to whom he is yelling to. Ray is yelling to himself. Yes, him self. This is the dialog that he is sharing with the neighborhood, " I will train and motivate myself to weigh 185, at most (he repeats it maybe ten times and in a drill sergeant manner, I will find ways to motivate my medical assistants and staff( again...10 times), I will Net 1.5 million dollars this year ( again ten times...with added power), I will have FUN, FUN, FUN, FUN.( alteast ten times)" At this point I am laughing my ass of because he is so into his little yell session. He does a lot of strange things...A LOT. When he goes out on his boat...we always watch to see what direction he goes in...then we go in the opposite direction. I guess you could say that Sam and I think Ray is a nut job and feel safer in another area. I think when I see him outside with his loud drunken buddies I will ask him if that trampoline motivation stuff helped him much and if it did, to yell for help to train and motivate himself to keep it down at 4:30 AM. They woke me up a few weeks ago when they were all drunk....talking about freezing Ray's balls off and something about putting a fire pit in on the side of the house....(near my bedroom window) I sure as hell hope not.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

oh man I wish that I would have been there. We would of had so much fun laughing at the guy. Maybe you should try it and yell "I will have a normal neighbor within 30 days" or I will find a decent man within a month.

Netter said...

Its the name Ray...I swear it is. Ask my father about that name.

Anonymous said...

So, if he puts in a fire pit, and is outside waking you up at wierd hours of the night or morning, you merely grab a couple of hot dogs and your hot dogs roasting sticks and proceed over and tell him all the noise woke you up and you are hungry and want to roast some hot dogs, and inform him you will probably be over to roast hot dogs or marshmallows every time he and his cohorts wake you up!! He might get the message!!!

Anonymous said...

Please tell me he is not a Doctor. I thought you would be safe from neighbors like that. I was sure they had all moved to CA.

Netter said...

Sorry to dippoint you Carole, but Ray is indeed a doctor.