Sunday, April 24, 2005

Postcards

I just love postcards. I love everything about them. I like buying them, sending them, receiving them, and looking at the postcards that are sent to other people. You know if you go to antique stores you will run across old postcards that were sent many years ago when they still taught proper penmanship in schools. Even though you know the owner is no where to be found and in all reality, had probably met his/her maker, it still feels like snooping when you flip the card and read what was written on the other side.

I think when someone takes a trip and they take the time to send you a postcard, well, its a wonderful thing. I save the postcards that are sent to me, not including the birthday postcards the dentist sends out. I never throw out the destination postcards I get. Postcards are like a little piece of history and my collection is MY history. The next time you are on vacation, send me your postcard and if its special enough, maybe I will post it on my site.

No comments: